BACK TO BASICS....

Janet

This is a clever web page for seeing what effects all the shutter speeds & exposures have on your photos such as depth of field.

Camera demo

You can choose the illumination levels, and also alter the settings on the camera using the controls on the right, See what happens to the shutter speeds and apertures depending what mode you use. It even shows the grain/noise effect of high iso settings. B)

Edited by Rich_

I'm not sure about Flickr to be honest as I do not use it, I've heard too much about photo theft from there which to me far outweighs its advertised good points.

To be honest, I don't think anyone is likely to pinch any of mine, although some of the folks at work are using them as screensavers (with my full permission!) It's a bit strange walking through the office and seeing my pics on computer screens!

I like Flickr because it's simple (like me!), easy to use and seems to keep the image quality much better than Photobucket, although there's a noticable dfference in sharpness between what's on there and what I post on here. I haven't found a solution to that yet.

This is a clever web page for seeing what effects all the shutter speeds & exposures have on your photos such as depth of field.

That's excellent...now why couldn't I have seen that on Saturday night?

Janet

although there's a noticable dfference in sharpness between what's on there and what I post on here. I haven't found a solution to that yet.

Janet

As I said I dont use Flickr so cant really comment, but if there is a difference in image quality then its probably because they are using an image library software called "Image Magik" or maybe the "GD" library.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Well I tried mine in manual last night and it worked as I expected. A little fiddly holding buttons in and twiddling, but that's just ISO and aperture, so thereafter it's a piece of cake to adjust the shutter speed 'on aim'. Now all I need to do is to take some pictures with it again...

Rob.

You're not funny!

Janet

Did this horse have a rider on it's back Janet?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Did this horse have a rider on it's back Janet?

Yes, thank goodness! The horse was just walking along serenely when it spooked at a passing car which was going far too fast and too close along this little country lane. Unfortunately, as it danced slightly sideways, I happened to be adjacent to it, and I toppled arse over elbow into the ditch (very elegantly, I may add....) I know I said it was out of control, but I do like to embellish things a bit!

It must have been quite funny as I slithered down....all I could think of was that this was my best lens, and I didn't have a filter on to protect it....this wasn't a kit lens...I'd paid serious money for this...no way was I going to let it get muddy, so instead of putting my arms out to protect myself, I held my camera above my head and went face down in the mud and leaves!

No harm done though, and the rider was most apologetic, although it was hardly her fault.

Next time I'll ensure that I'm fully prepared, and will set the camera up in advance for a self-take to give you all something to laugh about... :lol:

Had a great day though...and it got me one more step up on that learning ladder!

Janet