Weather

Sportsman

Here is a good one.

Two local problem areas when bad weather hits. Detling hill and bluebell hill. Both are comuter routes between the towns in kent. When this latest load of snow came down there was traffic chaos. Many vehicles where abandoned when the guys failed to get home during the evening rush hour, stuck on the hills. Found out today that the police have now been clearing these vehicles, towing them to the isle of sheppy. They are charging the unlucky happless folks 150 quid to get the vehicle back with 20 quid for every day that they keep it. Again because of the weather it has also been announced that the isle of sheppy crossing has now closed due to the weather so they ain't going to get the vehicles back for a while in any event. Arn't our authorities helpful.

I saw that report as well Barry, but the police said they had not had anything to do with the removal of the vehicles. Begs the question "who authorised it" ?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still snowed in, Ian came out with a 'red cross' food parcel yesterday so at least we have milk to see us through another week!! He has to come and take Liam to school next Tues when it is supposed to reopen.

Still waiting to hear if Matthew made it back from France last night, at least he can ski home if he needs to!! :lol:

I've gone down with labyrinthitis again but luckily have medication left from the last attack, all I need on the slippery surfaces!! (for those that don't know, you loose your balance, it is like being very drunk ie; the room spins and you feel or are sick but without having a drink!!) :o

I am waiting for an op on my ear, had to cancel appointment before Christmas as I couldn't get out just hoping the snow thaws/clears before the end of the month or I will have to cancel my next appointment. :(

Work, well, can't get to Ardinley antiques fair next week so not making any money at the mo, just started trying to get some stuff on ebay. Can't get to the antiques centre where I have a space so not good :(:(

lyn

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

whoops posto duo

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We are still snowed in, Ian came out with a 'red cross' food parcel yesterday so at least we have milk to see us through another week!! He has to come and take Liam to school next Tues when it is supposed to reopen.

Still waiting to hear if Matthew made it back from France last night, at least he can ski home if he needs to!! :lol:

I've gone down with labyrinthitis again but luckily have medication left from the last attack, all I need on the slippery surfaces!! (for those that don't know, you loose your balance, it is like being very drunk ie; the room spins and you feel or are sick but without having a drink!!) :o

I am waiting for an op on my ear, had to cancel appointment before Christmas as I couldn't get out just hoping the snow thaws/clears before the end of the month or I will have to cancel my next appointment.

Work, well, can't get to Ardinley antiques fair next week so not making any money at the mo, just started trying to get some stuff on ebay. Can't get to the antiques centre where I have a space so not good

lyn

blimey i thought you lived in a huge city ,i had to remove some of your emicons (sp?) it wouldnt let me reply

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

bugger some will now notice before i moved it i ranted in the completely wrong thread :oops: its now in the prepared for the worst one where it may make sense or perhaps not

Edited by chesters1

bugger some will now notice before i moved it i ranted in the completely wrong thread :oops: its now in the prepared for the worst one where it may make sense or perhaps not

They rarely do Dave, so no one will notice :);)LOOK EVERYBODY ....:)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

They rarely do Dave, so no one will notice :);)LOOK EVERYBODY .... :)

Den

:D better to admit it than let others think your always sincere

Did we have a bit of a thaw last night? East Kent, and woke this morning (10am...is that morning? ) and the stream was clear of ice, some of the 4" thick snow on the cars had slid off, and next doors roof was almost clear of snow!

Just watched a few drips coming off the guttering...........................is it all over?.............are we out of the woods?...........(you would have been daft to have gone in to the woods)

Den

a gritter came to the village today and ran out of grit as soon it arrived according to the shop lady next door :rolleyes:

you still cant see the kerbs the snow has been compacted but still as thick as the kerbs are high ,there's talk of a road a mile away being gritted but its only hearsay at the moment ,we could confirm one is 3 miles away in the opposite direction though.

its a balmy 1.5c outside now but the snows not melting ,tomorrow will be interesting though.

roofs being clear isnt a sign of thaw just bad insulation :D

Edited by chesters1

"roofs being clear isnt a sign of thaw just bad insulation"

Thats what I would have thought Dave, but that roof has been covered for a couple of weeks before last night. Gutter is still dripping :)

Den