Weather

Sportsman

Strange how at the beginning of December all the old wives and country folk lore were saying that we were in for a hard winter and were rubbished by the meteorological experts.

We had about three inches of the white stuff dumped on us last night. The paperboy was about ten minutes later than normal and the post about half an hour. Other than that no problems. My local aquatic shop even got his regular weekly supply of live fish food delivered so I will be off down to get some after lunch.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reasonable amount of snow here and I'm gonna walk down to the shops later for some fresh bread and milk for the in-laws. Working from home today thankfully although the missus still had to go in - but she doesn't have as far to travel as me.

Rob.

the locals out of milk (hence buying at sainsburies yesterday) but has fresh bread made (well cooked) in the shop ,nasty expensive bouncy stuff for £1.50 for a loaf not much bigger than a roll you'd expect real bleached flower and handfulls of flavour enhancers ,i cant stand the stuff its not even white :schmoll:

real bread has floor sweepings in like what used to be made when i were a lad you know when hovis was brown ,this poxy modern "good for you" just means everything is tasteless

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

real bread has floor sweepings in like what used to be made when i were a lad you know when hovis was brown ,this poxy modern "good for you" just means everything is tasteless

Make your own Chesters.

The big 'secret' is to throw away the instructions and 'prove' the bread overnight (not just the hour or so they will tell you it needs).

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Make your own Chesters.

The big 'secret' is to throw away the instructions and 'prove' the bread overnight (not just the hour or so they will tell you it needs).

you cant all the flower i have seen sold as bread flower is unbleached a free from tasty additives ,we had a machine once but the bread from it was no better than the chewy yeasty rubbish you get everywhere ,i like highly processed bread like supermarket stuff

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've thought of something good about the weather :D

All the full to overflowing Christmas wheelie bins that the council have left untouched for days don't smell as bad as they would in the summer!

did a dump run yesterday and got rid of it all .chesters1 be prepared rules again ,as suspected no bin men today :rolleyes:

sheds have nice hats though in sheltered areas its twice that deep when it isnt settling under its own weight

Edited by chesters1

It's just started to snow in Weymouth!

I'm off out with the duck decoys while we're still allowed.

It didn't last long and most of it has now melted.

I had a male Teal, and discovered that my waders leak again, must have done it when I walked into some barbed wire in the dark a few nights ago.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

i dont like this weather i had to speak to someone 4 doors away :angry: