GET CARTER .......

chavender

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not to keen on that model. I don't like the star back for a start or the line guard or the holes in the drum......

Now I'm a pin tart and when I first read the link I thought that's ridiculous, hasn't he any idea. But you're right, it's not the nicest reel is it. Mind you if it went for less than £200 - I'd think again!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Now I'm a pin tart and when I first read the link I thought that's ridiculous, hasn't he any idea. But you're right, it's not the nicest reel is it. Mind you if it went for less than £200 - I'd think again!

I actually have one of Richard Carters pins (the aerial gem) and in all honesty it's my favourite one out of the reels he made, I know it wasn't his most expensive but I just prefer it to the others. There was a match aerial reel of his on ebay the other week but I don't know what it went for, I preferd the looks of the origional Allcocks match aerial myself. I belive you've sold yours! Not be long and you'll have sleepless nights over that :lol:

I actually have one of Richard Carters pins (the aerial gem) and in all honesty it's my favourite one out of the reels he made, I know it wasn't his most expensive but I just prefer it to the others. There was a match aerial reel of his on ebay the other week but I don't know what it went for, I preferd the looks of the origional Allcocks match aerial myself. I belive you've sold yours! Not be long and you'll have sleepless nights over that :lol:

I sold both my allcocks match aerials. You're right, big mistake - I wanted to fund a wide spool Aerial Popular, but couldn't find one I could afford. I've decided to get a wide spool Truepin Trotter instead, and have just purchased an early 50's Hardy 'The Conquest' which I'm really pleased about.

I may have to find another Match Aerial as well :rolleyes:

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I sold both my allcocks match aerials. You're right, big mistake - I wanted to fund a wide spool Aerial Popular, but couldn't find one I could afford. I've decided to get a wide spool Truepin Trotter instead, and have just purchased an early 50's Hardy 'The Conquest' which I'm really pleased about.

I may have to find another Match Aerial as well :rolleyes:

Check this little bugger out 290391545234 ......a bit small but very very nice indeed :)

Guest bbamboo
Check this little bugger out 290391545234 ......a bit small but very very nice indeed :)

Hi Tigger

There is some nice reel on at the moment.

sure to have a stab at a few over the next few days.