IFCAs are a'coming

Leon Roskilly

Fair comment, but the public on the whole are not fully aware on this one and would have to go looking for it. I guess they would not see managing anglers and everything that happens out to six miles ,as such a big priority as the police or fire service!! I am also fully aware that they have no real control over this, as with so many things in this nanny state of ours.As the EU takes more and more control of our lives we become more and more like Germany where regulation is the essential feature of everyones lives. As I have never been given the opportunity to vote on this issue by any government I totally despise what the EU stands for and howour politicians are so keen to signup to every treaty put before them.

In a country that is essentially bankrupt, and still spending millions more on a daily basis than its tax revenues bring in, the mind bolggles as to how this is all supposed to work. Anyway looking at the size of the new committees plenty will be on the expenses gravy train attending meetings to talk about how to manage all our activities. I have done my time on NESFC and had plenty of reservations about its worth 10 years ago let alone with expanding responsibilities. I am not saying that there is no need for management of the coastal zone, but there is no need to perpetually increase the scope and beaurocracy of that management at the taxpayers expense. However this whole environmental gravy train is about creating jobs and quangos, which in my opinion will achieve little in the long term.

It amuses me when reading all the various reports on fisheries and coastal zone management just how many quangos have appeared I will soon need to do a PhD in Fisheries Committee ACRONYMS to have any idea what is going on, and the poor British tax payer is financing all this nonsense

I wonder if anyone has done a study of the friday jobs papers in local papers? Obviously i have only seen a few, but they are all the same; Council, government, health service, & "voluntary sector" are big adds taking up most of the page. In the tiny print bit are the jobs that pay for the big adds. Whats that about?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if anyone has done a study of the friday jobs papers in local papers? Obviously i have only seen a few, but they are all the same; Council, government, health service, & "voluntary sector" are big adds taking up most of the page. In the tiny print bit are the jobs that pay for the big adds. Whats that about?

Let us see what happens after the election. Headlines in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph tonight is the local hospital asking for redundancy volunteers.

I cannot see that a country that is spending millions more every day than it is bringing in with tax revenue has a long term puplic sector growth policy, but Gordon Brown seems to have a different view on running the family budget than my bank manager has

Hi Clive

Let's hope that the axe is being sharpened as we speak.

Still, if it is done too late, you can look forward to saving a few quid in flights. There will be no need for you to holiday in Iceland to experience life on a bankrupt island.

Hope the trip went well.

Wayne

Iceland was Ok a nice break, not as expensive as it was 25 years ago. had hoped to do a bit of fishing but ended up whale watching instead, saw a couple of nice Humpbacks. Its a month in South Africa in November so the rods will be packed for that trip, but I will be working most weekends from now on to pay for it, but as they say you can't take it to the grave with you.

Cheers

Clive