IFCAs are a'coming

Leon Roskilly

Maybe I should of added at the end of my thread “anglers who don’t want representing” the powers that be aren’t going to listen to them, how can they?

I would imagine that if they knew the threats they face, and the majority don't, most anglers would want to be represented. The trouble is, even those who do know the threats and realise the need for representation, have no where to go. The Angling Trust have let us all down, just the same as the NFSA and SACN and, to a certain degreee, BASS, before them. What they offer isn't fair representation, it's the promotion of minority groups' agendas.

Going back to how many anglers know what's happening to their sport. There is going to be one hell of a sh*t storm when they all find out. How shocked the decision makers will be when they discover what they've been told anglers will accept, is nothing but fiction. And how stupid our misrepresentative bodies will look.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am taken it from that answer that you have already given up? :mellow: The marine and coastal access bill has had cross party support more or less from the start. I Know that there were quite a few amendments in the latter stages but that is only to be expected with such a large piece of new legislation.

So you can take the politics out of the conversation comrade :D as I didn’t mean to introduce it in the first place. :P

Hope you keep living for a lot of years yet, 30 miles off on your feet Barry or anywhere else come to that. :sun:

Regards.

Ahh yes, please remind me of the benifits of this huge chunk of new (nesseccesary?) legislation rules, regs etc. That the ratepayers have shelled out on. Only the benifits mind. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Ahh yes, please remind me of the benifits of this huge chunk of new (nesseccesary?) legislation rules, regs etc. That the ratepayers have shelled out on. Only the benifits mind. :)

Hi Barry.

Only time will tell I suppose, like the thread say’s IFFCA, s are coming. There not here yet so I cannot comment. As I said before there is the opportunity there for RSA, s to comment and try and be apart of this new legislation regardless as to weather they want it or not.

Regards.

Hi Barry.

Only time will tell I suppose, like the thread say’s IFFCA, s are coming. There not here yet so I cannot comment. As I said before there is the opportunity there for RSA, s to comment and try and be apart of this new legislation regardless as to weather they want it or not.

Regards.

There is an aspect to all this that I guess Challenge will not wish me to raise. I assume that the IFCAs are going to be funded in the same way as SFCs. This is through a precept paid by the coastal authorities that make up the IFCA district. This is a lump of money taken from local rate payers and passed over as a precept by the local Authorities. This is not something that local councils shout very loudly about to the general public for obvious reasons.

I just wonder after the election when Councils start cutting front line services and close Libraries etc, which is going to happen as the government starts to get to grips with our national debt,what the general public will feel about financinf fisheries officers to run around chasing anglers and worm diggers etc.

Will the ratepayer see this as a key priority when their local library has shut or the bin collection been reduced.

There is plenty of scope to stir the muudy waters yet guys

The time will come very soon to turn public opinion against all this un-necessary management.

Guest challenge
There is an aspect to all this that I guess Challenge will not wish me to raise. I assume that the IFCAs are going to be funded in the same way as SFCs. This is through a precept paid by the coastal authorities that make up the IFCA district. This is a lump of money taken from local rate payers and passed over as a precept by the local Authorities. This is not something that local councils shout very loudly about to the general public for obvious reasons.

I just wonder after the election when Councils start cutting front line services and close Libraries etc, which is going to happen as the government starts to get to grips with our national debt,what the general public will feel about financinf fisheries officers to run around chasing anglers and worm diggers etc.

Will the ratepayer see this as a key priority when their local library has shut or the bin collection been reduced.

The time will come very soon to turn public opinion against all this un-necessary management.

As you well know Clive I cannot comment about committee comments. But I can advise you to go and read minutes from the last meetings before you start your revolution. :D

Regards.

As you well know Clive I cannot comment about committee comments. But I can advise you to go and read minutes from the last meetings before you start your revolution. :D

Regards.

Doubt I have got the energy to start a revolution any more Challenge, might just lob a few sticks of dynamite around though and wait to see what happens. I will read your minutes though., can I get them off the website?

Cheers

Clive

Not quite sure why you think that local authorities try to suppress the funding arrangements as its always been in the oublic domain in their officially audited accounts as certified by the Audit Commission and fully published under each committies own detailed budgets

The formulea for funding is based on shoreline within the authority and multiplied by its population densities, in the case of the former Cleveland County we paid a sum equal to the combined levy's of Redcar and Cleveland and Hartlepool councils

Fundind arranfements remain in place for the new IFCA's thats why they are allowed to nominate members to any recieving body to make sure that ratepayers money is well spent and to make sure that extra monies or leveys are not eroneously applied to the funding councils

In respect of funding levy's its no different in principle to funding other levy's from Police or Fire services that rate payers have no or little control over

Not quite sure why you think that local authorities try to suppress the funding arrangements as its always been in the oublic domain in their officially audited accounts as certified by the Audit Commission and fully published under each committies own detailed budgets

The formulea for funding is based on shoreline within the authority and multiplied by its population densities, in the case of the former Cleveland County we paid a sum equal to the combined levy's of Redcar and Cleveland and Hartlepool councils

Fundind arranfements remain in place for the new IFCA's thats why they are allowed to nominate members to any recieving body to make sure that ratepayers money is well spent and to make sure that extra monies or leveys are not eroneously applied to the funding councils

In respect of funding levy's its no different in principle to funding other levy's from Police or Fire services that rate payers have no or little control over

Fair comment, but the public on the whole are not fully aware on this one and would have to go looking for it. I guess they would not see managing anglers and everything that happens out to six miles ,as such a big priority as the police or fire service!! I am also fully aware that they have no real control over this, as with so many things in this nanny state of ours.As the EU takes more and more control of our lives we become more and more like Germany where regulation is the essential feature of everyones lives. As I have never been given the opportunity to vote on this issue by any government I totally despise what the EU stands for and howour politicians are so keen to signup to every treaty put before them.

In a country that is essentially bankrupt, and still spending millions more on a daily basis than its tax revenues bring in, the mind bolggles as to how this is all supposed to work. Anyway looking at the size of the new committees plenty will be on the expenses gravy train attending meetings to talk about how to manage all our activities. I have done my time on NESFC and had plenty of reservations about its worth 10 years ago let alone with expanding responsibilities. I am not saying that there is no need for management of the coastal zone, but there is no need to perpetually increase the scope and beaurocracy of that management at the taxpayers expense. However this whole environmental gravy train is about creating jobs and quangos, which in my opinion will achieve little in the long term.

It amuses me when reading all the various reports on fisheries and coastal zone management just how many quangos have appeared I will soon need to do a PhD in Fisheries Committee ACRONYMS to have any idea what is going on, and the poor British tax payer is financing all this nonsense