reply weirdness

chesters1

hopefully the site DID crash a week or so ago (ifnot i couldnt see it) but ever since then i cannot use "reply" correctly,the box opens but i cannot see any cursor ,if i start typing the text comes up before the quote not afterand i have great difficulty getting the invisible cursor to go to the end of the quote so i am replying to the quote.

tried clearing cookies ,history and cache but still nothing resembling a "cursor" ,i can go back to correct a word but only by deleting it letter by letter from where stopped typing i cannot put this invisible cursor between letters to delete single letters.using "edit" and everything is fine on my post ,the cursors there everythings normal

Help please

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hopefully the site DID crash a week or so ago (ifnot i couldnt see it) but ever since then i cannot use "reply" correctly,the box opens but i cannot see any cursor ,if i start typing the text comes up before the quote not afterand i have great difficulty getting the invisible cursor to go to the end of the quote so i am replying to the quote.

tried clearing cookies ,history and cache but still nothing resembling a "cursor" ,i can go back to correct a word but only by deleting it letter by letter from where stopped typing i cannot put this invisible cursor between letters to delete single letters.using "edit" and everything is fine on my post ,the cursors there everythings normal

Help please

Hi Chesters. I have had the EXACT same fault , but only with AN forum. I just back peddled the firefox update that i received the ALL NEW and better 3.6 upgrade!!!!! , around a week or so ago, i downgraded to (3.5.8 version) and all is fine.

Heres the older version i installed.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Hope this helps.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I cannot replicate this error on Firefox 3.6.2. What browser are you using?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I cannot replicate this error on Firefox 3.6.2. What browser are you using?

Nope , sorry Elton. I have just tried version 3.6.2 and it went back to before , arrow marker but no vertical cursor to type a reply.

I've had to revert back to Firefox 3.5.8

The strange thing (for me anyway is) it is only a problem on here , no other problems whatsoever anywhere else. I'm definately no pc expert but its hardly a major hurdle to be bothering about. I'm sure there will be multiple updates from firefox before the older version i am using runs out in August. No doubt the problem will be fixed before then , be it at my end or firefoxes. I won't lose any sleep over it i can assure you.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Nope , sorry Elton. I have just tried version 3.6.2 and it went back to before , arrow marker but no vertical cursor to type a reply.

I've had to revert back to Firefox 3.5.8

The strange thing (for me anyway is) it is only a problem on here , no other problems whatsoever anywhere else. I'm definately no pc expert but its hardly a major hurdle to be bothering about. I'm sure there will be multiple updates from firefox before the older version i am using runs out in August. No doubt the problem will be fixed before then , be it at my end or firefoxes. I won't lose any sleep over it i can assure you.

Sometimes, these things defy logic. This reply was posted in Firefox 3.6.2 running on Vista (not sure if that makes a difference). And I don't get any special privileges when I post.....honest :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Sometimes, these things defy logic. This reply was posted in Firefox 3.6.2 running on Vista (not sure if that makes a difference). And I don't get any special privileges when I post.....honest :D

Just trying a different machine. This is FF 3.6.0 on Linux and all seems okay.

Think I'll go to bed now :)

Just trying a different machine. This is FF 3.6.0 on Linux and all seems okay.

Think I'll go to bed now :)

But before I do.....just upgraded this one to 3.6.2, too, and I just can't get it to do what is described above.

Am I supposed to be trying reply with quote, just reply or fast reply?

But before I do.....just upgraded this one to 3.6.2, too, and I just can't get it to do what is described above.

Am I supposed to be trying reply with quote, just reply or fast reply?

Well...with my problem , which sounds identical to Chesters , my fault was with the REPLY button . The page comes up , all ready to reply but there isn't a type cursor and when hovering your mouse over in situe i left click to prompt the type cursor.....nothing happens.

I'm not too concerned about it Elton , get yourself some hard earned beauty sleep.

I've heard a rumour you could do with plenty of it....lol.

I could do with tons of it.....but F1 qualifying is on now :D

mines 3.6.2 but its remained the same despite a couple of updates (strangely one a day after the other) ,everythings fine in fast reply ,(never understood "quote" anyway so don't use it) its reply thats the problem ,only on here though the rest of the world is fine :D as said not a problem bar for me and me getting problems is probably good to the majority :D

i'l try back peddling as mr motorolla suggests later (once i again try and fathom out how to save cookies and settings from this version)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson