most unusual bait

norm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonbat:

Rabbit droppings for Chub and Carp just like Cats and Dog pellets and cost you nought, a good Northern bait for Tough Northern Anglers ??

This is fact not fiction they do work.

Fresh ones have a nice shine can be hooked or banded.The old one make a good popup. Again take a rum spray with you.

:cool: :cool:

Sort like rum'n'raisin?? :D:D:D

When I was a lad I caught two roach from the River Gade weirpool in Cassiobury Park , Watford, on silkweed. Think I read about it in Mr. Crabtree. It was a boiling hot day and in the summer holidays, so the place was packed. No one was catching! I decided to do what I'd read about and just dragged the hook through the sill of the weir to get a nice covering of weed and cast in. First roach straight away, then repeated the feat. Both about 6oz, in the days when a half-pounder was a specimin. Of course, I told my mates, they told everyone else and everyone was using silkweed. No more fish were caught!

I used to use a ciggybutt to make a "fly" for the Trout which was my own invention.I have seen a pattern for Sea-trout though using an old tea bag which made a rather snazzy lookin moth (Hugh Falkus perhaps?).Ive taken a Brownie on a bit of jamtart (not the strawberry..I ate that part) and a nice Cod on a 6 oz sputnik lead.

The best though was a 2 1/2 Lb Brownie caught on a spinner made from copper wire,a zipper tag,3 coloured attractor beads and a treble!...I lost all my Mepps and there was 20 mins of competition time left.Not to be beaten by a 3/4 Lb Brownie I hurriedly flung this "THING" across a 10 Ft. weirpool and hit straight into a winner. :P

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Lost my last silver spoon to a pike and was "slightly" ticked because it was only about noon. Took a 4.0 worm hook and wrapped it in silver foil (source: my ciggypack), steel leader in front and a 1/2 oz. sliding sinker on the main line. Pitched it along the weeds and retieved at high speed. The second pass hooked a 12+# Northern with my spoon still stuck in his throat. Had to cut the hooks off, but got my lure back. Also have used (with varied succes) Dutch breakfast cake (ontbijt koek) and North America's favorite: twinkies! They actually worked well for perch and carp(ran out of worms).

Good fishin';

Nick.

Glad you had luck but next time, take enough stuff to last the day. LOL

Been there myself. Remember it well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

I used to use a ciggybutt to make a "fly" for the Trout which was my own invention.I have seen a pattern for Sea-trout though using an old tea bag which made a rather snazzy lookin moth (Hugh Falkus perhaps?).Ive taken a Brownie on a bit of jamtart (not the strawberry..I ate that part) and a nice Cod on a 6 oz sputnik lead.

The best though was a 2 1/2 Lb Brownie caught on a spinner made from copper wire,a zipper tag,3 coloured attractor beads and a treble!...I lost all my Mepps and there was 20 mins of competition time left.Not to be beaten by a 3/4 Lb Brownie I hurriedly flung this "THING" across a 10 Ft. weirpool and hit straight into a winner. :P[/quote

Sorry but this was already invented. I read it in a Latvian fishing magasine.