Robin red

Kappa

I think it's just a dye and nothing more. I've used some on occasions mixed in my crumb when tench fishing and some friends have used it bream fishing in Ireland. It's nowt special.

Has anyone used this with tench or bream in mind?

Rich

Yes, I used it as a base with hemp and sweetcorn and a little tiger nut juice looking for tench... and got 3 small tench but the got hammered by lots of little carp.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Probably the most successful bait additive ever. I have caught loads and loads of tench when using it as an additive to method mixes,and in boilies, over a period of maybe 30 years. I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of bait manufacturers add some to their mix/baits.

And of course a few million bream :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Probably the most successful bait additive ever. I have caught loads and loads of tench when using it as an additive to method mixes,and in boilies, over a period of maybe 30 years. I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of bait manufacturers add some to their mix/baits.

Den

As far as I was aware it's mainly just a red dye with a bit of peppery spice.

Just rememberd my friend miroku used it in his ground bait mix at wingham last year......eels seemed to like it :D

Edited by Tigger

Den

As Den says, its been around since the early 70’s, probably first used by Rod Hutchinson, main supplier was “Haiths”. Again as Den said, great additive not only for Carp but most other species, which was a nuisance in the days when I was a Carper.

Pretty certain it was first used on the Dartford lakes...way back almost at the start of "specials"....before boilies even. I will ask my mate Ted tomorow..."he was there" :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Den

Yes i made some boilies for the first time last year Fishmeal base/soya flour/semolina and Robin Red ,caught Barbel/Chub and Bream lots of Thames Bream in fact just as good for them as hallibut pellet :wallbash: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: