Misbehave - Go Fishing

Elton

Lets all hope that schemes like this help to give youngsters and those working with them a real sense of respect for their tackle, the fish, the environment, themselves and others.

The cheapest I can get to starting fishing with a rod and reel is £37.00 can anyone beat my figure?

If you can perhaps forward your calculations to the many underfunded schemes, organizers around the country. Perhaps it will help them do more with their limited resources.

Although there are many quietly against such schemes as they promote the politically incorrect attitude of competition and mans desire to hunt (fish in this case).

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my understanding of the law too, Beat me too it!

And to be honest the few times I have resorted to smacking, and even once a formal "over the knee" spanking, to be honest I felt as though I had failed not succeeded in my duty as a dad.

Mat

Sounds to me as though your talking small children. I think you might get more than you bargained for trying that with a lot of teenagers.

Go round some of the estates in Lancashire or anywhere in the country for that matter and with your attitude you might just get....very hurt indeed Mat :D .

Sounds to me as though your talking small children. I think you might get more than you bargained for trying that with a lot of teenagers.

Go round some of the estates in Lancashire or anywhere in the country for that matter and with your attitude you might just get....very hurt indeed Mat :D .

You mean and deal with children that haven't been disciplined or brought up properly? Just as you don't need to beat kids to bring them up, not bringing them up properly and then beating them when the misbehave isn't any better!

Any problems on the estates you mention are hardly due to the 'nanny state' getting in the way of parents disciplining their kids!

I think we are long way off topic, maybe this should be moved to non-fishing?

Rich

I cannot help but wonder if it would help if more teachers and people in education, social services and our political arena were taken fishing, having the bank collapse under you or the line freezing in the rings certainly teaches one the benefits of a warm and dry home. Drinking a coffee or tea at the bank side and just before you finish the last drop noticing the caterpillar swimming in it...hehehe Or worse and this happened to me seeing half a maggot wriggling in the sandwich you have just taken a bite from.

But more seriously the anticipation of the small movement on float or bite indicator then the sudden rush of pleasure and excitement when a fish takes the bait followed by the nail biting and heart throbbing period of the struggle and fight between angler and prey followed feeling of success and accomplishment when the catch is landed. Unless it's just an old boot or shopping trolley you have just caught...hehehe

No I am not suggesting trips in search of the Great White or box jellyfish or the giant squid nor even swimming with piranha's ...hehehe There again it might be an idea.

Edited by watatoad

Used to take a couple of young hooligans from my village fishing in the boat and they would sit there all day catching small stuff and the odd Pike ,nothing big but then they all look massive the first time you see old Essox after snatching little stuff all day even if its only a jack and the look on there faces was classic.

Gave them a couple of old rods and reels and showed them free stretches and day ticket bits but they didn't pick it up ,Not sure if thats because its a yoof of today thing and can`t be arsed unless its put on a plate thing or they only liked going in the boat .

You can lead a horse to water and all that..... ,They are both inside doing a stretch for repeated Burglary now so sadly it and one got in the wrong crowd with drugs so beware coming boat fishing with me can be bad for your health/lifestyle :lol::lol: .

In short they loved coming fishing when it was all organised for them but if not they resorted to there i am bored default setting :wallbash: ,A good by product of taking them out fishing was they never bothered me or my family in any way and i got greeted with hiya Steve as opposed to the yoofs grunt greeting but hardly a recommendation to take someone fishing <_<

They both came from familys that didnt give a stuff ,One had the stepmum from hell and the other got a vast amount of dosh spent on him at Christmas and Birthdays but never taken anywhere the rest of the year and due to apathy couldnt be bothered to sort any thing themselves entertainment wise that didnt involve grafitti or other anti social doings leading on to the burglary /drug route .

The older one worked for me for a short while one summer Holiday but once he got a reputation he had to go for the sake of my buisness which was a shame as he had a great work ethic just a bit easily lead .

The younger one was a great footballer and was on Swindons books ok hardly Real Madrid or Reading ; but everyone has to start somewhere ,He could of gone on to better things and his school mate Theo Walcot certainly did thats all ifs maybe possibly teritory .

Sounds a bit like a Daily Mail write up but sadly my experience ,Bit of a glass half bloke so like to try to see the best but sadly it don`t always work out that way Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Oh well!

Come back Gene Hunt and introduce Sharia Law...

That will sort the whole lot out and scrap prisons they do no good where have all the hanging judges gone?