Wychwood Multi Tip Barbel - 1.75lb (A5060)

Errrm

Hi,

I'm in desperate mode now! I found out the other day that I managed to crush the end of my butt section on my wychwood multi tip barbel rod (which I used for everything!). I tried repairing it but the cracks seem to bad (it might be possible to repair it but I'm not able to). I've contacted Wychwood and they don't have any spare replacements so I thought I would ask here incase someone has a spare butt section from a rod where they broke the tip which they would like to sell? Or if anyone has a complete version of this rod they would be will to sell or knows a shop which still sells this rod (it is discontinued) then can you let me know.

Thanks for any help in replacing this.

Errrm

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Difficult to get a good repair there I'm afraid. What is the joint (ie spigot or over fit etc)? Also have you tried LEEDA?

I'm not sure what type of joint it is...... I think it is a over fit......although I might be wrong.

I haven't tried LEEDA, I know there was some connection between the two companies although I wasn't sure what it was, do you think they might be able to help?

When I used to have an account with LEEDA they carried a good range of spare sections for the rods and poles they stocked. I believe LEEDA now whole sale Wychwood products so it may be worth asking at a local tackle shop that has a LEEDA account to see if they (LEEDA) have any of the sections still available.

If all else fails I can take a look at the section to see if I can repair it so its usable. If you can get a few pictures I might be able to tell from those,

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

When I used to have an account with LEEDA they carried a good range of spare sections for the rods and poles they stocked. I believe LEEDA now whole sale Wychwood products so it may be worth asking at a local tackle shop that has a LEEDA account to see if they (LEEDA) have any of the sections still available.

If all else fails I can take a look at the section to see if I can repair it so its usable. If you can get a few pictures I might be able to tell from those,

I've sent the sales manager at LEEDA an email...... not sure if they will be able to help though.

If you cant get it repaired consider a Drennan, a great range of rods

Or these 110520776719 on ebay, they put any drenna rod to shame and the persons got two sets of two for sale. Even at 2 1/2 test they're great for playing fish as well as casting, one of the best rods ever made IMO :D

Or these 110520776719 on ebay, they put any drenna rod to shame and the persons got two sets of two for sale. Even at 2 1/2 test they're great for playing fish as well as casting, one of the best rods ever made IMO :D

Tigger he wants barbel rods not heavy carp rods, maybe he fancies playing the fish with a 1.75lb T.C. rather than winching it out with 2.5lb T.C.'s

Shimano make good rods I prefer Drennan but I do have Wychwood rods and some Shimano's

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God