Ziggy's conversion

Zigs

As some of you will remember, we bought an old British legion hall for conversion.

BritishLegionHall27May2006006.jpg

BritishLegionHall27May2006007.jpg

Been a while and a bit of a slog at times but we are aproaching completion.

2010002.jpg

2010003.jpg

We got a 30 tube solar water heating system, temperature reached 62c today.

2010006.jpg

This controler switches the pump on when the panel is 10 degrees above the water in the tank.

2010010.jpg

The twin coil tank is tripple insulated so the water will stay hot for days. One coil goes to the solar panel, the other to the backboiler on the woodburner.

2010011.jpg

Living room.

2010004.jpg

That'll be the kitchen with Mrs Becky then.

Had a disasterous heating bill of £21 this winter, on account of having to buy some logs during the snow, apart from that, no heating or hot water bills.

The timber windows are glazed with low e double glazing with argon gas filling and the insulation exceeds building regulations.

Despite the cool wind today, its hot in here at the moment, and even though theres a frost coming tonight it'll still be hot in the morning, and thats with no heating on.

At the time i remember you having to underpin. What did you decide on in the end, pot and beams or all pot holes, what sort of depth did you have to go to? Did you have to do any structural works to the floor, for the wood burner etc? Bet your glad you have it all behind you, so you can now enjoy it. Fairplay to you. And thanks for the update.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Good work. What a great place to live!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Had a disasterous heating bill of £21 this winter, on account of having to buy some logs during the snow

You should have said, mate. I'll organise a whip-round.

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

At the time i remember you having to underpin. What did you decide on in the end, pot and beams or all pot holes, what sort of depth did you have to go to? Did you have to do any structural works to the floor, for the wood burner etc? Bet your glad you have it all behind you, so you can now enjoy it. Fairplay to you. And thanks for the update.

Wotcha barry,

All mass concrete holes, not too bad once we got thru the gravelly layer at the top, just plain clay then. We hit bedrock at 1.2m thank goodness. For the woodburner, again just a concerete pad.

Floor was fine, just doubled up the joists where needed. It was cheaper to put an entire new roof on, upgrading the timbers to 6"x2", than it would have been to get a structural engineers report for the existing.

It was also cheaper to get the solar panel driven over from the isle of man, than to buy it in yeovil, crazy.

Due to the unbugeted for costs of the underpinning, i had to do all the work i was going to sub out myself. Thats why it took so long. I can now happily fit an entire heating & electrical system and have got the hang of this new fangled gypsum plaster. ( only used lime before)

Been fun and a bit stressfull at times, caught 300+ mice & 1 rat during the work, but sadly lost eric the chicken to the fox.

Wow, your power bills ae lower than mine!

I had £111 credit on the leccy and £77 on the gas as of 10 January and they're currently at £44 and £34 with no top ups.

You have no idea how much that anoys my mates.....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Wow, your power bills ae lower than mine!

I had £111 credit on the leccy and £77 on the gas as of 10 January and they're currently at £44 and £34 with no top ups.

You have no idea how much that anoys my mates.....

I got about £40 credit on the leccky & we only use gas for cooking now, still using the same bottle that we took off the caravan over a year ago. Was using a bottle a fortnight when we were heating the caravan and cooking with it.

Credit rating companies dont like it when you tell em you havn't got a heating bill, they can't tick all their boxes.

Bear in mind the electric has been powering tools for the construction, like cement mixers, drills, breakers etc. so not doing too bad there.

Would like to build a biogas plant but i'd better get my company up and running first.

http://www.searchfieldhistoricbuildings.org.uk/

Know anyone that needs an eco refurb ?

Edited by ziggy searchfield