New project

Kappa

As I mentioned in my ultimate bobbin thread I've now finished my bobbins and I'm now looking for a new project/challenge!

I really enjoyed working out electronics etc to make the circuits for my bobbins but I'm not sure what to do next, any good ideas? Is there some item of tackle or gadget that you long for but nobady makes?

Rich

you have a pm

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

One thing thats gets us anglers in trouble if line left hanging around. This happens for me when I cast into a tree (I do it on purpose, honestly!) or just want to change hooklengths, etc.

I would like a small device that can clip on to a rucksack, bag, chair that can 'swallow' the line rather than trying to curl it up and throw it in a bag.

I imagined something similar to a retractable ski-pass that works on a spring wind or small battery? A small spool with a V shaped groove that accepts your line, you press a button and it wraps the line around the spool, keeping it safe for later when you can empty it.

I dont know if anything like this or another device/methoid of saving line already exists?

I got another one!

When I send my favourite float into a tree its usually just out of reach, and as tempted as I am to try and crawl along a 4 inch thick branch overhanging a lake to reach it I never do.

I would like a device that can screw onto a landing net pole which can clip the tip of the branch and allow the float, ledger, swimfeeder or other expensive tackle to drop off. You could also use it to clear up others floats and make the place more presentable (not to mention a great line of selling second hand floats on ebay!).

You can buy telescopic tree pruners or loppers but I dont want to take one of these along with me.

And before anyone else says it...yes I should learn to cast!

As a challenge, you could try making a bite alarm. Maybe combine it with the bobbins so it's all one unit?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

One thing thats gets us anglers in trouble if line left hanging around. This happens for me when I cast into a tree (I do it on purpose, honestly!) or just want to change hooklengths, etc.

I would like a small device that can clip on to a rucksack, bag, chair that can 'swallow' the line rather than trying to curl it up and throw it in a bag.

I imagined something similar to a retractable ski-pass that works on a spring wind or small battery? A small spool with a V shaped groove that accepts your line, you press a button and it wraps the line around the spool, keeping it safe for later when you can empty it.

I dont know if anything like this or another device/methoid of saving line already exists?

Now that is a great idea. :sun:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I've used something similar for years, not mechanical, or electrical, but it works fine.

I call it an 'empty line spool'. Just wind the offending line on it, (by hand I'm afraid), and when it's full, I just burn it in the incinerator. :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I got another one!

When I send my favourite float into a tree its usually just out of reach, and as tempted as I am to try and crawl along a 4 inch thick branch overhanging a lake to reach it I never do.

I would like a device that can screw onto a landing net pole which can clip the tip of the branch and allow the float, ledger, swimfeeder or other expensive tackle to drop off. You could also use it to clear up others floats and make the place more presentable (not to mention a great line of selling second hand floats on ebay!).

You can buy telescopic tree pruners or loppers but I dont want to take one of these along with me.

And before anyone else says it...yes I should learn to cast!

sounds great, I could 'restock' my lure collection with a couple of hours walking the bank with one of these :)