Surface fishing

Peter M

This is great thanks for all the replies. i want to go later this week but am worried that these northely winds might put the fish down.n

f*** me how warm is it down yr way hard to even spot carp moving about up here let alone surface fishing lol

f*** me how warm is it down yr way hard to even spot carp moving about up here let alone surface fishing lol

Well actually now you ask its bloody cold and thats my point should i wait a bit? often this time of year on my club lakes its warm enough for the carp to spawn, Today was like a nice day in December shame its May. :P

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I too use a Candle as someone mentioned earlier but I use a 3 inch, flurocarbon hooklength. The Candle, being white, actually attracts the fish (and Seagulls too...), bringing them close to your bait, I assume they think it's bread. I also find that giving it a slight twitch will scare Ducks away. I use a fake dog biscuit that has a shot in it so that when hair rigged the hook is actually out of the water, it also doesn't go soft and fall off. I think this is actually my very favourite way to fish.

Well actually now you ask its bloody cold and thats my point should i wait a bit? often this time of year on my club lakes its warm enough for the carp to spawn, Today was like a nice day in December shame its May. :P

It was really cold on Sunday Peter but the water was still really warm when I went out.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

If i was u i would keep it very simple.

Line, hook, bait..... Done

I have 8lb line all the way thru then a hook with a hair rig dog buscuit i got v cheap at saturday market.

It really doesnt matter what u use as long as it floats.

Oh yeah and dont be too trigger happy, wait till the fish has clearly got the bait.

have fun!!!!!