Items wanted for the Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

I'll bring a selection of long banksticks and some bobbins plus should have a spare couple of alarms available. I can also lend a couple of suitable rods between 1.5 & 2 lb test if anyone needs them (please let me know about the rods if you want to borrow them - I'll only bring these if asked).

Will

p.s. Budgie - still not managed to make contact to pick up the rods for you - have had a couple of messages left on my answerphone when I've been at work and not been able to get through when I've been free.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got a couple of 2.75lb TC rods and Shimano reels loaded with 12lb Crystonite if anyone wants to borrow them. Not sure they’ll be any good for spodding but maybe as marker rods, also got a couple of Fox microns.

Might also be able to sort out a 'pin if anyone wants to try fishing the margins with one.

They’d have to be collected on the way though.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have the following spare items of kit that I can bring down for anyone that wants to borrow them but it would be good if you book them via this thread so that no one is disappointed.

Spod rod and reel including spods (includes tuition if required) - Booked - Ben

Marker Rod and reel including floats/weights, etc. (includes tuition if required) - Booked - Ben

2.5lb TC Carp rod and free spool reel

1.25lb TC Avon type rod and free spool reel (ok for maggot/groundbait feeders, undergunned for big method ones though)

1.5lb TC Feeder rod and free spool reel (ok for maggot/groundbait feeders, undergunned for big method ones though)

36" & 42 " landing nets including handles.

7 x 48" extending banksticks (ideal for platforms)

Some buzzer bars (not sure of quantity) that enable use of 2 or 3 rods per set of banksticks

1 set (four heads) remote electronic bite indicators - Booked - Vic.

Oval umbrella with front infill panel

Large unhooking mat

Regards,

Steve C.

Wyeknot, Steve, dad :D

Can i book 2 long bank sticks please

cheers

Ian

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It

Anyone else need any gear?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Not knowing which swim I am in, do I need a rod pod or would you recommend long bank sticks? I only have a rod pod and my normal bobbins.

Long bank sticks and long bobbins regardless of the swim. I've already got you down for both though from your questionnaire.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Long bank sticks and long bobbins regardless of the swim. I've already got you down for both though from your questionnaire.

Ah ok that's great :-). I though you said on the questionaire some of the swims needs pods because they have wooden platforms. Either way thanks, look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Can anyone help. I have spent ages looking for my feature leads and only saw them a week ago but now they have become lost again. I did go to the tackle shop before closing but the only leads sold as feature leads looked a bit plain whereas mine had big bobbles. I did get one but not confident it will be much use

Ah ok that's great :-). I though you said on the questionaire some of the swims needs pods because they have wooden platforms. Either way thanks, look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Don't worry. All the platforms have slats to take banksticks/umbrella poles so there's no need for pods.