finding time

carpetmonster

I think quite a few on here are retired or semi retired, some may be unfortunate enough to be out of work - many of these will have more time to fish than those in full time employment

then there are the youthful school goers including the not quite so youthful teachers - quite a bit of time to fish

some may be working shifts - may get a fair amount of fishing done

then there are those who are very involved with wives and family friends - less time to fish

then there are those with young children - less time to fish

we must not forget those who are escaping from the family home / wife as often as they can - get quite a bit of fishing or home workshop time...hehehe

then there are those who work hard or long hours and who are tied to joint family duties and or commitments - less time to fish

then there are those who have to commute to work and are tied up traveling for quite a lot each day - less time to fish

then there are those who are self employed or run their own business - probably slip off to do a bit of extra fishing

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Is it just me or does anyone else really struggle to find time to go fishing? :angry:

Honestly - no :)

But at the moment there's only 1 place I really want to be, and yes, I do struggle to find the time to get there...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Just in case some have misconceptions, most self-employed people have less time than the employed to go fishing. But we can more often choose when to go.

And being married to an ex-teacher I can tell you that these days they work long hours, including in Peggy's case during a good part of school holidays. It's one of the many reasons Peggy retired early, although she now runs a business in which I help.

This past year because of family commitments I've hardly fished. Peggy's mum Jess who's 92 and disabled now lives with us, and being a carer is incredibly time-consuming. Additionally our grand-daughter's other grandfather has a brain tumour and so Peggy babysits for 2 days a week. Whenever we can get someone to look after Jess I go too.

Because Jess has been in hospital for several weeks following a stroke I was able to do a 2 night session a fortnight ago. That was the first time for a whole year though.

My only other fishing during that time has been a few hours after predators. Most of that was doing a predator/prey survey as part of the fishery management on my own water at Wingham, and as I'd rather have been perching felt rather like work.

Mind you, it's nice work if you can get it!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Wife, kids, dog and money to earn - I hardly ever get to fish these days :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Is it just me or does anyone else really struggle to find time to go fishing? :angry:

I don't struggle, but I have other demands on my time these days so I feel have to justify it more, I choose to go fishing when the weathers warm and spend the wet ones doing the household chores or working.

Tony

Very busy at work at the moment, so finding it difficult to find the free evenings to fish. It's a small business and I'm IT chief cook and bottle washer, so if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. And it needs doing, usually yesterday. Fly fishing is quite good for that, though, because you can grab short sessions with no need to organise bait and no need to spend time building a swim up. I would really like to be tench fishing though.

I work for for myself, have two kids, a busy family life and a mortgage to pay......... But you make time if you want to do something, don't you?

My daughter got the short straw today and went to church with the Mrs, but junior had fun with his 5 spinning rod and some maggots.

post-10964-1277041354_thumb.jpg

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep