n e 1 know a good rig ?

staplegun16

hi, i need someone to help me , i recently went fishing to a lake and decieded to do some light ledgering i was pulling out crusian all day, but its a bit heavy to keep putting a ledger rod out there every time when im only pulling out crusian, i decided to get a quiver tip rod and now i need to learn some good rigs, if anyone knows a good one could they please tell me how to make it ...... thanks

Jake

have you ever tried a polaris float.

just like legering but with the bonus of having a float as a marker to bait up.

i have been using one for about 2 years now and had catfish up to 27-10. carp in to upper doubles.and to many tench to mention.

Start with a straightforward running leger,use a link on it if the bottom is very soft,length of link dependent on depth of soft bottom.

I would have been inclined to stay with a bobbin or similar if that was producing fish for you,probably going to be easier to interpret bites from crucians with a bobbin rather than with a quivertip.

if i were you i would do the following,

Thread a small groundbait feeder up the line about a foot and a half and then tie a 6 inch loop in the line where the feeder is, i.e. so the feeder is running on the loop, now tie a small loop in the end of the line so that it would hang just below the feeder, now attatch the hooklength to the small loop, couldn't be simpler, and has never let me down!! if you can't follow that then ask and i will try to explain clearer when i have more time,

Hope this helps

Staplegun - can I suggest you look here : http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/rigs/legerrig.htm

The rig you show could potentially leave a fish teathered to the feeder if the main line snaps above the top knot. There are two rigs on the above page that prevent this :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Can I just add that I have now updated this rig..it now includes an extra bead that is essential to stop the swivel jamming in the small drennan ring..the updated rig can be viewed here... http://www.angelfire.com/weird/aaaaaa/page2.html

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Well actually it wasnt, I dont know about you lot but I don't like using the "loop" rig on stillwaters, I always use a paternoster on stillwater but I create the paternoster by sliding the feeder up the line and then tieing it into an overhand loop and then using the tail from the loop (which is purposefully left about two inches longer than the paternoster loop) to tie my hooklenth to, Does that make sense? probably not! Anyway the rig pictured is the one which I always use on rivers as it keeps the hooklength, and consequently the hookbait, close to the bottom, however I feel that this rig gives too much resistance on stillwaters and that if the rig is obscured by any bottom debris or weed etc then the fish may feel the feeder before you see a bite? Only my opinion and everone is open to there own. I would be interested to hear others thoughts on this though!!

Cheers

Mally