big fish

biggacod

I did, and iv'e seen the size of his ling. He either has bow legs natually or it's the weight of the fish. :lol: Mine looks like a rockling in comparrison :D

I think it will qualify him to talk about the ling and he caught a few that day, asked Bob to post the picture, he's out fishing at the mo.

Yes i know it's nice for us to talk about fishing, it's even better to go and do it. So we're doing it at brixham on the 24th, congering with my mate Dean Farrell who has a 38' venom with a rather large donkey under the hood. He's reporting fair sized ones upto 75lb at the mo and has had thirty odd in a couple of hours the other day, so if anyone wants to catch something not huge but will definatly bring a smile to your face, you are welcome. Definatly gonna need upto two pound of lead though, got lots of those. Who is willing to give it a try. Gonna do a cod trip with him the following day, so again there is one or two places at the mo. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its such a shame that there are so many people on this forum with an agenda other than fishing. I cant recal the last decent angling report I read (with the exception of Karl chieftain one of course). Quite sad that you can go onto 8 pages arguing about the presence or non presence of a fish in a certain area. Anyone with any angling ability would do the research, hire the skipper, catch the fish, take the pictures and post a nice report about how it was done. The agendas of too many of you is to snipe at each other rather than be helpful, which is a big shame as Im sure your all capable of such a lot more.

Ohh i agree, asked Bob to put up a foto of his ling again just now and his reply from the boat was, i'm still fishing you fool, we don't do half days, so i suppose we'll all have to just wait. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

54lb ling and a 25lb pollack at Whitby today

ling-fishing.jpg

big-pollack.jpg

Whats your agenda then Glenn posting BS like this?

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Ohh i agree, asked Bob to put up a foto of his ling again just now and his reply from the boat was, i'm still fishing you fool, we don't do half days, so i suppose we'll all have to just wait. :D

How you treat these forums is quite sad Barry. Your one of a few who will cause an argument for arguments sake. Like I said theres 8 pages here of nonsense and you especially are a very good angler as Ive seen some of your catch pictures in the past. Such a shame you cant let sleeping dogs lie and do something more productive like tell us about your fishing outings.

Whats your agenda then Glenn posting BS like this?

Alan

I dont think anyone could seriously question my agenda Alan. Ive spent the last 5 years of my life building a quality resource for the UK's sea anglers. The results of my agenda are clear to see at the top of most google sea angling searches.

Ill leave you guys to waste another 8 pages whilst I go and enjoy my fishing.

I think Deene'O indtead of dribbling you've done worse than that

You've just scored an own goal, if you want to bring something to the table at least make a worthwhile contribution instead of making out yourself to be some sort of self proclaimed expert "I was asked to have a look at this thread" not by anyone on here I'm sure, was that just some attempt to drum up some traffic for your vids?

You say "were one of your own that said you don’t or cant fish at anchor page five post 47" but you don't bother to quote the relevant passage because if you did it would destroy any argument you were making or looking to cause, here's what was written "As you've guessed theres no boats up here that currntly fish at anchor for conger but things are changing as more and more anglers are prepared to try something different "and thats a whole lot different to the inference that you're making

If you want to have sensible debate then do so but be prepared to be accurate as own goals don't count

No one has ever said boats up here don't fish at anchor or can't fish at anchor, all thats been said id that anglers want and expect to catch cod and the most effective way to do that consistantly is to drift

Your turn if you want to dribble

My turn oh goodie goodie

Right Brian what dose ‘indtead’ mean, cant find it in the dictionary probably meant ‘indicted of dribble’ well I thought that was a necessity to be a part of the thread. :lol:

As for your points, I was in fact asked to have a look at this thread by one who post’s here Not going to name him/her if he/she wants to own up fine other wise you’ll have to work it out for your self and judging from the form so far you will probably get that wrong.

Am I drumming up traffic well it was not my intention but not one to miss an opportunity me. How uncanny that the topic should have enabled a mention of two of them is coincidental and I would not have mentioned the Skate film had it not been for the remark suggesting I had shot ‘A MOVIE’ as I have been making them for years mostly just for fun and I don’t claim to be good but I leave the viewers to be the judge of that.

The reference was correct ‘no boats that currently fish at anchor’ means you don’t irrespective of the excuse not to. So claim off side if you like but not an own goal :rolleyes:

The picture is for you Barry nothing special just a Ling caught while on my mates little boat about a mile of shore a couple of weeks ago. As for today well I wish the fish had been as ready to bite as you lot but it weren’t too bad a day we had Whitby size Cod, Haddock to seven and a bit pounds little six to nine pound Pollack and more Pouting than you could shak a stick at.

Do we yet have an answer to the immortal question about Congers at Whitby

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Bob's ling, note the bent arms, not straight ones. :D Re the above. Bob, Bob, don't you read my dribble posts, i have already admitted it. YES IT WAS ME.

bobsling.jpg

Edited by barry luxton

How you treat these forums is quite sad Barry. Your one of a few who will cause an argument for arguments sake. Like I said theres 8 pages here of nonsense and you especially are a very good angler as Ive seen some of your catch pictures in the past. Such a shame you cant let sleeping dogs lie and do something more productive like tell us about your fishing outings.

Thats very kind of you Glennk, how very refreshing to recieve a compliment. :wub:

Arguments for arguments sake, i'm gonna argue about that, :) i certainly will question something that is either not true or can't be backed up. To that effect i don't have a problem with my actions.

I also note that this is yet another successful topic as the amount of interest and hits it has received, as you say eight pages, so something must be of interest. Long may it continue.

I will always post a fishy posting if i think it is of some interest and will continue to do so. Did you not concider my 12 plus bass post the the other day as worth while, sorry, i'll try to do better the next time i'm out. Should have some good fun on the conger in just over a weeks time i'll try and get some photo's for the web site. Bit difficult though as all of them are let go at the rail. Bob was kind enough to set up a page on his web site to enable my fishy trips to be recorded, early days yet but i'm working on it.

Don't you think you owe some of the guys on your web site an answer as well as Alan with regards to the two photo's you put up at the start of this topic? You question my motives, yet you have loaded the gun with the above, yet with no explanation, again, don't matter to me but you have left some of your web punters baffled with what you have done. It's as though you are saying, don't do as i do, but as i tell you.

I dont think anyone could seriously question my agenda Alan. Ive spent the last 5 years of my life building a quality resource for the UK's sea anglers. The results of my agenda are clear to see at the top of most google sea angling searches.

I have questioned your agenda Glenn and you havent given it a serious reply. Lets try again - Why post pictures with untrue weights of fish on this forum?

What is your motive?

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.