Are there any advantages of fishing in winter?

spinner.man

The rivers have more water in them. The summer overgrowth of weed gets cleared by the floods. The small fish are less active. The signal crayfish are less active. The banks are quieter.

Lures - fish them slower and try slightly smaller ones.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Are there any advantages of fishing in winter? (rivers)

Best methods?

Locations fish will be?

How to use lures in winter?

Less people on the bank! :P:lol:

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

The fish are in excellent condition, the banks are both quiet and amazingly beautiful, the tiddlers are suddenly absent and the crays too cold to move, early dusks mean you're back at home next to the fire with a glass of wine by 5pm, and nothing beats the magical feeling of being out fishing in really bitter weather, wrapped up against the cold with lots of hot tea, breath steaming and moot boots crunching over the frozen ground.

I can't wait :)

DSCF1501-1.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0930.jpg

DSCF0994.jpg

DSCF1465-1.jpg

DSCF1468-1.jpg

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You can feel that you have stolen back time. Sneaking out in the afternoon for a couple of hours, wrapped up, flask in hand, a few worms for bait, late winer sunshine giving more light than heat, as the sun drops so does the temperature, you huddle down and stick it out topping up the swim with some chopped worm and changing your hook bait you think i will give it another 20mins. An hour later its almost proper dark, you can still see your tip staying motionless as it has most of the session apart from that one bang that gave you hope. Then a timy knock followed by a proper pull round, you strike and the fish is on. The plump yet small perch lays in you landing net as you unhook it by the light of your head lamp, fingers stiff with cold. after the fish goes back you go home to a hot drink or single malt, proper dark now and its only 5.30 pm. Lovely :)

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/