Trotting with a centrepin

I find that with a chubber - I use a crystal - you can do pretty much everything. This is handy for roving as you can get everything from fast and shallow to deep and slow. By adjusting the shot accordingly, you get reasonable presentation in all swims. Not ideal, but flexible.

You can even stret-peg with it.

If I'm fishing a longer fast stretch with a consistent swim of say 4-5ft and not planning on moving too much, I use one of those MAP dome top stick thingies with a shotting pattern half-way between bulk and shirt button. They are really good.

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

One of my most memorable days fishing ever was one a small river, wading, and sharing the swim with a mate. We were both stood in the river and each trotting straight down in front of us, holding back hard where the riffle dropped away to the pool and just dropping maggots into the water at our feet. Loads of good roach, most of them hooking themselves as the bait was held back, including a fish which I think is still my best roach ever - if it didn't make 2lb, it was bloody close to it.

That's sounds like something we do, sometimes three across the river dropping the bait on our knees and just trotting straight away from ourselves.

It does draw the fish up right close after a spell, it got to the stage we had hit's before the float hit the water as we lowerd the bait in. In fact that happend to me the other week with the barbel and chub, some of them took my bait literally at the end of the rod !

That's sounds like something we do, sometimes three across the river dropping the bait on our knees and just trotting straight away from ourselves.

It does draw the fish up right close after a spell, it got to the stage we had hit's before the float hit the water as we lowerd the bait in. In fact that happend to me the other week with the barbel and chub, some of them took my bait literally at the end of the rod !

That sounds good. I need to get myself a set of waders asap so i can take advantage of new swims that i just cant reach otherwise. Do you know any good ones for a fair price.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Having waders opens up a whole new world. If you want a good pair that will last for ages then look at the Daiwa and Ron Thompson neoprene waders. Mullarkeys do an excellent price on the Ron Thompson one's:

http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/clothi...-thompson/7761/

Neoprene waders are as tough as old boots but be warned, they are not good for walking any distance in as you sweat a LOT! N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

I'm just going to say enjoy your fishing, get to know your river, that is a must. Keep trying out new things until you are happy and catching fish all the time.

You have been given some excellent advice give it all a try.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Mullarkeys do an excellent price on the Ron Thompson one's:

http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/clothi...-thompson/7761/

Wow they are far cheaper than i imagined. Think i will be getting those next week. :thumbs:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk