Drennan Tench Floats how do you use them?

RUDD

My two year old daughter bought me Lee Jacksons improve your carp fishing book and ten Drennan Tench Floats in differnet sixes for xmas (clever little mite, I didnt even ask!!!!!!!!!)

Judging from the shape of them : A bolbous wide but not long body near the eye and a very long thin stem and insert.

They are designed for LIFT bite fishing.

The bouyant body will shoot upwards quickley while the sterm/insert can cut through the surface film and are very light.

Has anybody used them? Whats the best way to shot them as some take heavy loads 2ssg +

Would you use for say a 3AA version, 2AA to lock and one AA as a lift shot or two small shot to lock and 3AA as lift shot?

I have never really got on with the lift method but would like to give it more of a go.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Set up properly it is really impressive, as the stem comes out of the water like a rocket. I use 2 small shot to lock, and the remainder about 2-4 inches from the hook. You have to get the depth exactly right, and tighten up so that just the tip is showing. Then hover over the rod and await the action !!

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I will try using both of the above methods, lift and semi lift.

Both should work on different days just like everything else in fishing!

The lift will nail a bait to the bottom while the semi lift may produce a bite or two on the drop.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

let us know how you get on Rudd . . I once (only ever once) tried the lift method and found that on the same day the std waggie was more effective . .

but I have seen wilson use it one few of his shows . . . I guess the the bottom has to dead flat or the float just fished with acurate casting range ??

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

I like to use the lift on still waters, but with smaller floats. If you shot it so the lift is slow then the tench get no warning. It looks great when it rockets up but I have often then missed the fish. Where it is slower it is much more effective.

:)

"Muddlin' along"