Ultrabite and tackle tarts

Zinky

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan - over here (and left over from our civil war)

Yank = Yankee = anyone who lives in the Northern section of the US (above a line called the Mason-Dixon Line that pretty much extends from just above Virginia to the west).

Reb = Rebel = Southerner ('cause those idiots up north think we were just rebelling rather than trying to start ourselves a nice, new, proper country).

And if it helps, the proper term in my part of the country (the South) is "The War of Northern Aggression" rather than "The American Civil War". :D

[ 23 February 2002, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I`m proud to be a YANK, and don`t find it in the least offensive...

That`s funny, in my part, of course it`s still halftime...

REBS find it unconfortable that we also take the aggressive role when provoked...>LMAO

RONAN

Dragonbat:

This is about Ultrabite not a bunch of hicks from over the water talking about north v south the only history they have? take you dross else where

History we may have, my diplomatic friend, but there's a fair chance that it would have changed drastically around the mid-1940's, had our U.S. allies not given their lives to help us in our hour of need.

Fishing is about enjoyment, fellowship and the appreciation of all that surrounds us - so lighten up, do some appreciatin', and don't be so rude to the good folks from across the pond.

(You 'mercans still drive on the wrong side of the road, though. )

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Dragonbat:

This is about Ultrabite not a bunch of hicks from over the water talking about north v south the only history they have? take you dross else where

You are well out of order Dragonbat, this is also about FRIENDS and FELLOW ANGLERS, no matter where they are from, having a bit of a laugh.

We do tend to digress now and again and it attracts others to the original topic. :cool:

When you have been one here a bit longer or do a search under peoples registered number you will see what I mean. :P

If your comments were meant tounge in cheek, why not use the icon/gremlins :rolleyes:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I will second that Allan,some NASTY comments Dragonbat,come play the game :mad:

Anglers of the World unite

From a north east boy and proud of it.

Tight lines to all.

PS i have Family in America' California

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dragonbat:

LOL - Dragonbat, may I suggest you have a look at http://www.dale-carnegie.co.uk/ . They offer training in "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

You will notice I posted a UK link. Afraid a US one might not sit too well with you. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Dragonbat, your comments were down right rude at best.

We have many overseas members on this forum and we welcome their contributions and friendship.

As a relatively new poster you will probably get the benefit of the doubt ,this time.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "