Free John Wilson dvd

leedsunited

Sure he gets to fish in places where the rest of us cannot but that scene was just one of those days that can happen to any of us anywhere in the country. Some days even I can't go wrong and quality fish line up to get caught. There's no way that Perch was trained to wait by his leg to be caught. After all he told us it was going to happen. Good DVD to my mind.

[ 28. June 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Paul_D ]

Paul

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leedsunited:

And with his avon rod, can this rod be used for float fishing and a variety of ways or does the built in quivertip stop the rod from being able to do this ?

It comes with two tips, one with a spliced in quivertip and one with a threaded tip ring (into which you can optionally screw a swing/quiver/spring tip). It's a quiver with the former fitted, and avon with the latter. Hence Avon/Quiver :)

You can float fish with the avon tip fitted. It's too stiff for light float work, but works a treat with a big enough float.

"works a treat with a big enough float. "

Very true. I use mine with a 2 swan loafer and a Leeds pin and it works a treat.

I can thoroughly recommend the JW Avon Quiver system - 11 or 13', avon or quiver top section. It's a whole lot of rod for £70.

Robin

I think the original JW Avon rod, the green one, is one of the best rods made. I still use my pair for tench ledgering. I have had river carp up to 13lb

and barbel over 9lb and that was on the Ribble in heavy water, no not deuterium oxide.

They fill the 1.25lb test curve slot in my arsenal admirably.

:)

I've also got the original green one, and agree. Brilliant rod, it gets more use than any other I own. I love the progressive action when playing fish, the way that it's soft enough for river roaching but with enough guts in reserve to handle big fish.

I don't know - first we had the Free Nelson Mandela Record, now the Free John Wilson DVD.

What's he accused of?

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton ,he was charged with laughing inanely while

fishing and having a prevalance for saying"come to johnny" and/or "what ! a Klonker" :D

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

watched it the morning i got it,

as bored after work!

i liked it,i always have liked wtaching wilson,he does know how to stalk in summer,fishes some lovely swims on various rivers and catches some lovely chub.

i thought it was one of the better freebies with the comics!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!