dobbs weir???

boilies

Spent many an hour at Dobbs Weir.

Caught my first barbel and chub from there but that was many years ago and the nature of it has changed due to a second weir being installed some 20 years ago.

So here are the details that I now of.

Day ticket with no night fishing.

There is a good head of tench, bream and chub with plenty of hand sized roach. Eels are a possiblity and the odd good carp up to 25lb.

If you are interested in night fishing Fieldes Weir just around the corner is the place to go with a similar species profile but more bream and a batch of barbel introduced 8 years ago.

Cheers

Andy

[ 18 February 2002, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Andy Thatcher ]

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

it's a good venue but very heavily fished

the lea is a good all round river with lots of different species, big perch and chub as well

there's no answer to these venues which get hammered

i guess it's only natural

geezer

Check out March 2002 issue of Improve your coarse fishing, Dobbs Wier (River Lea) is featured in where to fish section (page 107)

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.