EA giving away your money.

medwaygreen

Whether they are cosy or not is a side issue to what I was discussing. I don't believe they should be kept in comfort. However they need to be in a receptive frame of mind if they are going to be rehabilitated, rather than staring at blank walls and plopping in a bucket.

It's proven that the fishing method has worked so why not try it elsewhere. Whether or not they should have curtains and a telly is another debate all together (IMHO).

Thanks,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

learning a bit of fishing isn't going to help them on their release ,it may though evolve into your shed getting broken into when they find out how much the tackle costs when they have to buy it for themselves ,or would you have as well as a free licence a set of tackle thrown in as well on release?

i cant see why anything more than a blanket ,bucket and book are needed unless you don't want them punished for their crimes :o

ok ok a free licence ,club membership of their choice ,full set of tackle suited to their angling type ,perhaps a car and petrol to help them get there ? kids would commit crimes to get in ,prison is for punishment ,if they dont learn it the hard way just keep sending them in until they do ! if they don't who cares they are out of sight and out of your shed.

not just adults anyone over the age of 12 should be locked up if the warnings dont work

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, far better if they're all taking smack or being inappropriate with each other in the showers!

That article is typical sensationalist crap that The Sun always print.

All this murderers and rapists will be having a nice time instead of doing the hard labour they rightly deserve stuff is rubbish. I doubt it's violent criminals allowed to do this, it will be kids who have gone astray and turned to drugs and crime etc. Prison is as much about rehabilitation as it is punishment. Granted the success rate in terms of inmates not re-offending in prisons is probably quite low in the UK, but why is it outrageous for them to try something positive?

Oh that's right, it's the tax payers hard earned pound. The thing costs £17k. I am not sure how many people have fishing licenses but let's say it's 2.5 million.

£17,000 between 2.5m people means we are each putting in 0.68p each!

It's far better they are learning a pleasant pastime and a new skill. Fishing programmes with young offenders in the past (as mentioned by Peter above) have been very successful and I think it's a great idea.

Simon

Have you read the article or any of the posts apart from your own that is.

Apart from the normal Sun style of headline point out anything in the article that is sensational?

No its not the Taxpayers hard earned pound its the EA licence payers hard earned pound a totally different situation.

Let me make one point clear to you, whoever the inmates are and what they have done is not the issue, the issue is why should the EA and licence payers foot the bill, this surely is a Home Office/central Government cost.

They the inmates are not in prison to learn a pleasant pastime, what a ridiculous idea, finally check your facts and figures, your maths are a little awry and later in the year when the EA close your favorite water due to lets say health and safety reasons because they have run out of funds then you may think back with a different view on this issue.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I read the article in full and many of the responses as well.

£17k is a drop in the ocean in terms of money the EA get - and if it does help to change people I think it's money well spent.

Like alluded to before if you keep prisoners in permanent discomfort, yes it punishes them, but it also will build up more hatred and resentment of the authorities around them. Treat them like a human being and they may be more reciptive to suggestive change and rehabilitation.

Treat them like scum and they will come out of prison acting like scum and soon be back in there costing us much more as taxpayers than £17k for stocking a lake that may help shape the change in some of them.

As always my own humble opinion.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

sorry mate some will respond to kid gloves but they should have responded in the warnings they got before the last resort of prison is used ,it takes a lot nowadays to actually get in prison today so if they havnt learened by the time they do get locked up then i suspect most are beyond help.

i expect most simply grow out of crime when they get commitments those that dont should expect harsh treatment.

yes they could get amusement from angling but how is someone fresh out of prison going to afford to buy into angling ,jobs first angling second ,no job and your hooked on angling probably means it back to the bad old times of crime funding it.

a few on here have had their gear pinched ask them if the EA gave them a free licence untill they had bought new tackle to replace it then buy a licence.

that £24 isnt cheap on benefits so someones going to go without whilst our crims enjoy themselves in their new found relaxation on the banks near you ,oh look even the tackle looks like yours too :D

prison is our only last resort if its enjoyed then there's no fear of it :rolleyes:

probation never worked ,you just sit in an office once a week and tell them what they want to hear ,once outside its back to normal

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson