EA giving away your money.

medwaygreen

In theory, I am all in favour of it. and totally agree with leon and Vagabond's respective viewpoints.

My only issue is that having had its budget cut, the EA are expected to fund what should be a Home Office / Prison Service initiative.

Either way, it's tax payer funded, but the rod licence buyer is being 'taxed' twice for their licence and the inmates should 'earn' the chance to participate. I'd like to learn a lot more about the scheme before getting really judgmental about it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an ex police officer it is my experience that rehabilitation schemes do not actually work... Angling however, is a wonderful pastime and it could indeed be the answer for some who offend.

The part I do not agree with is the "reward" of free fishing for offenders... Make them work for it! and for their sky tv and comfortable life in prison!!!

theres nothing to judge ,commit a crime and the book says you get punished ,anything over bread and water and a rough blanket is a reward :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

From the little I know of these institutions, and I do have dealings with people who work in them and run them, privileges have to be earned and can be withdrawn.

I don't know what it will cost the EA to supply the fish, I don't know where they are coming from, but I suspect it is a miniscule drop in the ocean when you look at the EA overall budget.

As far as prisons being luxury hotels or holiday camps, all I can say is that some of you must go on some very iffy holidays.

Yes, you can lock these offenders up, treat them badly or even abuse and brutalise them. It's been done in the past, and it didn't work then. All the evidence is that it is much more likely to make them re-offend.

Anything which breaks the vicious circle of violence and lack of respect for others has to be a good thing, and I applaud it.

Of course, we don't have rod licenses is Scotland, so I'm not paying for it :P

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

furriners arn't worth any thing otherwise their own countries would hold on to them a bit harder ;):D

Errm: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/199...n-10-years.html

Bring back the birch, etc.

I'm not sure why people are so against helping offenders to turn their lives around. £17k is nothing, how much does it cost to put a repeat offender back in prison (which are not 4-star hotels, not matter what the Sun tells you :rolleyes: )?

Answer here: http://www.sps.gov.uk/default.aspx?documen...50-0EE5A87924BD

The social benefits of fishing are well known, where's the sense in depriving it to those who could really do with it? If it helps only one person to sort themselves out, that's one less crime victim (which might be you) and a massive saving in a prison's budget (which is funded by your taxes).

The idea that these people are beyond help and this is somehow training them to break into your shed is pretty depressing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think most of you are missing the point, what it costs why its done etc is not the issue, who pays that cost is. This is not something that should be paid for by the EA. 17k weather a large amount or not, it is the responsibility of the Home Office and central government to fund not the EA and my licence money.

Also lets not get into the holier than thou attitude as to weather it's the Sun or the Times that print the story, as i stated in the first post i have e-mailed both the EA and my MP the ascertain the true facts.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I think most of you are missing the point, what it costs why its done etc is not the issue, who pays that cost is. This is not something that should be paid for by the EA. 17k weather a large amount or not, it is the responsibility of the Home Office and central government to fund not the EA and my licence money.

Also lets not get into the holier than thou attitude as to weather it's the Sun or the Times that print the story, as i stated in the first post i have e-mailed both the EA and my MP the ascertain the true facts.

Totally agree, there's no flippin' way Rod licence money shold be used to fund this project.

So lets have a AN poll as to who I shall kill/sexually assualt/rob to get into one of these places?

Three free meals a day and accomodation plus fishing (er will I still need a rod licence?) .No council tax or mortgage to pay,debt collecters ringing up all day long.Sounds incredibley inviting to me. I should imagine they have centeral heating and even having to dump in a bucket at night aint to bad. Sure beats the crap out of my present life style!

Ahh only problem I could think of is having to put up with being taught by an "expert" who no doubt would be from the PAA or similar...suppose I could kill him too and extend my "vaccation" by a few months....

But what if the lake turned out to be a carp only water? hmmm best behave maybe after all!

On a serious note though all though angling certainly kept me out of serious trouble Im not so sure that we should be paying for it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!