not a fish? what next

lozza

Just having a chat with a guy in the local tackle shop when he informed me that he had just caught a terrapin barbell fishing. I’ve seen some odd things caught before from great crested grebes to cormorants (some bloke long range dead baiting at chew valley lake very odd to watch) any body else had any weird catches?

Managed to hook a bat in the mouth. It took my fly on the back cast one evening rudd fishing.

Careful with bats - there is a bloke on another forum who rescued one which had fallen in the water, and got bitten. He's part way through a series of very unpleasant anti-rabies jabs now.

Careful with bats - there is a bloke on another forum who rescued one which had fallen in the water, and got bitten. He's part way through a series of very unpleasant anti-rabies jabs now.

ISTR putting up a link to a news article warning of that recently, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

heard everything now... a terrapin barbel fishing blimey i thought they just lived in crap filled dishes in kids rooms didnt know they got big enough to catch barbel :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Casting out a freelined dog biscuit and managed to cast across the back and between the wings of one of those humungus green dragonflies. It flew off for several seconds before dumping me.

Damn thing would have been a PB.

I was unfortunate enough to hook up (quite deeply it turned out) a very noisy duck when surface fishing. Just took my eye off the bait for 10 seconds and bingo - the little blighter nabbed my bobbing bait. Didn't half make a racket getting it to the bank, and it's mate joined in the ruckus too.

When fishing together, a mate of mine turned his back to sort out his second rod and had the unfortunate luck to have his bankside rig on his other rod - ready baited with maggots - picked up by a scavenging pigeon who then tried to fly up into the nearest tree! Again, a very noisy retreival, but eventually successful and the plucky little fellow flew off again after being unhooked. He learmt the hard way about never leaving a baited hook lying unattended on the floor. :)

Our chief weapon is surprise