WOULD YOU BELIVE IT A BLOODY CONGER

big_cod

Well it was number 3 in 25 years we manged a conger which went to a massive 9lb of a wreck on the 3 mile on monday i wouldnt like to think how many ling and cod we had but a lone conger took a full squid on a 7% hook sods law as you would say but they are still rare in these waters compaired to other species.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful

You know how touchy our southern friends are when conger are mentioned, but brave of you to mention it

Could have marked it down as a record silver eel.

If the anchor was dropped, could have caught it's mother and it's grannie. B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Could have marked it down as a record silver eel.

If the anchor was dropped, could have caught it's mother and it's grannie. B)

:D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well it was number 3 in 25 years we manged a conger which went to a massive 9lb of a wreck on the 3 mile on monday i wouldnt like to think how many ling and cod we had but a lone conger took a full squid on a 7% hook sods law as you would say but they are still rare in these waters compaired to other species.

paul.

There was one caught by a boat anchoring a large wreck in Brilington bay a couple of weeks back Paul. It is rare for boats to fish in this way up our neck of the woods as you well know but it came off one of them were weve been snapped off many times by BIG fish. Theres been a lot of diving going on recently in Brid bay and they are a bloody nuisence but they report very large ling and some conger about although the cod have gone for now.

Bloody winds eh!! H.

There was one caught by a boat anchoring a large wreck in Brilington bay a couple of weeks back Paul. It is rare for boats to fish in this way up our neck of the woods as you well know but it came off one of them were weve been snapped off many times by BIG fish. Theres been a lot of diving going on recently in Brid bay and they are a bloody nuisence but they report very large ling and some conger about although the cod have gone for now.

Bloody winds eh!! H.

Howard what a blow this one has been it was screaming last night it was gusting well over 50mph a nasty northerly for this time of year the water will be coloured up the fishing will be hard work for while till it clears could be a good winter with loads of mops its alive with tidd codlings they will be gorgeing themselves after this blow these fish grow extremly fast it could be an early start to the winter fishing from the shore the herring will be spawning in numbers very shortly i was talking to somebody yesterday and they said a couple of days ago they were getting herring in the trawl and spawn was just running out of them so it looks like they have started lets just hope all those tidd codling dont end up going back over the side dead with the amount there is at the momment, its beggers beleife its still allowed to happen boats should be paid to tie up through this period it would make sense for everybody includeing themselves.

Going back to the conger we got the other day potters have had a few straps in the potts i was telling paul drinkwatwer who has sarah michelle paul has been chartering from the mid 70ss and actually has the british catfish record we were talking about just how many congers have been caught off this coast over the years and how many times you have fished wrecks on very dead tides a slight breeze against the tide boat stationary more or less right through the tide lines fishing perfect as many ling and cod as you wanted but no congers in thoses conditins its no different as to haveing a ankhor down the breeze against the tide is giveing exactly the same conditions and he said just the same as me if they were there we would have caught them in those conditions the ankhor will going down this winter over the wrecks but it wont be conger we will be after. ;)

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

I know the herring spawn fishery is a disgrace and a subject you have felt passionatly about for a lot of years M8. The closure of it would do so much for the cod recovery and all would benefit within a short period of time all the dead mops would survive into good size fish.

Back to the congers. It could be they are slowly making there way up the coast and becoming more numerous. I do trust some of the divers tales of sightings. This years been so good for the wrecks with cod and ling I do not think other other species got a look-in.

Good luck with the anchoring thing I did it last year a couple of times with Dave on Lucymay and we got a box of fish no problem while all other boats struggled in the coloured water. Remember youll loose some anchors though we use lumps of old iron or blocks of stone on a rotten bottom they would not hold yours though anyway youll sus it .You nevr know it might be a winter of high pressures and clear water. All the best! H.

I know the herring spawn fishery is a disgrace and a subject you have felt passionatly about for a lot of years M8. The closure of it would do so much for the cod recovery and all would benefit within a short period of time all the dead mops would survive into good size fish.

Back to the congers. It could be they are slowly making there way up the coast and becoming more numerous. I do trust some of the divers tales of sightings. This years been so good for the wrecks with cod and ling I do not think other other species got a look-in.

Good luck with the anchoring thing I did it last year a couple of times with Dave on Lucymay and we got a box of fish no problem while all other boats struggled in the coloured water. Remember youll loose some anchors though we use lumps of old iron or blocks of stone on a rotten bottom they would not hold yours though anyway youll sus it .You nevr know it might be a winter of high pressures and clear water. All the best! H.

Hopefull howard my ankhor wont be anywhere any wreck well uptide yes mate it could be a winter of high pressure the way august has been anythings possible it has happened before but not for a few years winter has started early the last couple of years and kept going i was hopeing to give the wrecks inside a good looking at this week as the tides are small perfect but distance is probably what i am going to have to do to get good fishing but summer time is funny and the water doesnt colour the same as winter its strange thing how this occurs where the teperature of the water in summer doesnt allow it colour up beacuse in winter the water is colder and denser but anyway we will find out tommorow .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Topic's warming up nicely. :)

The divers will be accused of having boggall eyes next. Let me guess, slow drift over the wreck with bait, rod starts banging away, then up comes nothing, snapped off by a conger, na, not in a million years. Anchoring the wrecks over a full tide, na, it'll never work. Wreck fishing for ling and conger two or three boats lenghts away while at anchor, over a full tide, na, that can never happen. could it. :lol::blink:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Topic's warming up nicely. :)

The divers will be accused of having boggall eyes next. Let me guess, slow drift over the wreck with bait, rod starts banging away, then up comes nothing, snapped off by a conger, na, not in a million years. Anchoring the wrecks over a full tide, na, it'll never work. Wreck fishing for ling and conger two or three boats lenghts away while at anchor, over a full tide, na, that can never happen. could it. :lol::blink:

If I ever treat myself to a chartplotter I'll tell you, might be interesting