Hacked off

arbocop

What with all the holidays and such, ya'll (private &public sector) only work 4-5 days a year don't you and any more than that gets you overtime pay?

Lol Newt, its double time after our second tea break of the morning. :fishing1:

Cheer up Arbocop. I could put up with not seeing the Mrs, but not being able to fish ! You got my sympathies.

My new hedge is doing great by the way, they got me the wrong variety but its much bushier than the japanese privet that I chose.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in 1979 I was working for a US company (J. Ray McDermott) in the North Sea on a pipe laying barge, the LB27

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/attachment.p...mp;d=1179662616

Our work rotation was 60 days on and 12 off (with 4 days traveling in the 12 off)

I would be on duty for 12 hours a day and on call for the other 12.

Average day was 16 hours

A friend of mine went out to the Mexican Gulf on a Brown and Root pipelayer and worked 7 months of 12-16 hour days straight, came back and bought a house.

Yeah OK - point taken. I'm not that badly off really, and I volunteered to cover for sickness.

I'm better now anyway (apart from my back) and one of my collegues who has been distinctly lacking in any desire to pull together and help cover for their sick colleagues absence, offered to cover a day today! As a result I can go fishing on Sunday - providing my back is up to it - hurrah!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Thats more like it Arb,

Have a look here,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2818?

Looking good for sunday,

pity i've got to go to Aldershot :mellow:

yup that is a bummer but theres a cuppa here if you need one sunday afternoon ;)

is there historic buildings in aldershot it didn't exist before 1855 :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yup that is a bummer but theres a cuppa here if you need one sunday afternoon ;)

is there historic buildings in aldershot it didn't exist before 1855 :D

Cheers Chesters, if it were a longer visit i'd take you up on that :)

Not a historic building this time, but a historic mum & dad, they are close to being listed themselves.

Aldershot was bad enough when I used to work in barclays bonk there. Its like south london now, even the Italian deli has moved out, making way for some halal joint. Searchfields newsagents has been turned into a discount booze shop & the south western pub is now some trendy bar, used to play cards with the jamaicans in the back room there.

Strangly enough, my brother was in barclays recently when the cashier recognised his surname & asked if he was related to me, how on earth can anyone work in the same dead end job for 30 years, doesn't she realise there is a world out here ?

reason for editing : solidarnosk with chesters

Edited by ziggy searchfield

A friend of mine went out to the Mexican Gulf on a Brown and Root pipelayer and worked 7 months of 12-16 hour days straight, came back and bought a house.

Thats peanuts :) I worked 7 days a week for about 12 years and put 3 boys through private school and 2 of them through university......and bought a house :) :)

I dunno, some people want such an easy life :)

AND...I didn't get to fish much either.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

The more I read on this topic, the luckier I feel. Came to work postively livid @ 0530hrs and feelin far more grumpy than usual (firkin neighbours were up 'til 3am). Now I'm somewhat chipper seeing that others work hard too. Definitely don't se that much in GY! Plus it reminds me of when I was in the Merchant Navy, only did 3 months at sea but that was enough!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue