SAA, NFA, NAA and the rivers close season..?....

STEVE POPE

Dear Simon,

Oops. Forgot about you Simon. Sorry.

The information you require, is actually contained within this site Simon and many others.

For a copy of the first RSSG meetings minutes, where lots of RSSG information so far is contained,(more infact than you ask) please email me on trent.barbeler@ntlworld.com and i will be only to pleased to send it on to you Simon.

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simone - all explained Here.

And a link so you can join if you are so inclined. :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

is there a group called the society of independant anglers??????? if there was i would certainly join it

....no i wouldn`t then i wouldnt be independant, there are to many cliques forming ,all they want is your money so the higher etchelons can tell you what you can and cant do ,the only way to show strength to government is violence and public disobediance (it worked for the poll tax) all this CAA and FIA or whatever reminds me of "the life of brian" and the "peoples liberation of judea" or was it the other lot

,most people dont give a toss what happens to angling hunting or shooting ,if it isnt on the front page of the sun then it doesnt exist ,government like all bullies reacts only to being hit back at , long live the rebellion ,lets have blood on the streets.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

is there a group called the society of independant anglers??????? if there was i would certainly join it

Ah! What you want Chesters is the MMG!

Where the whole angling world is put to rights on a monthly basis :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

MMG????????

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thats nice, its all gone quiet & friendly again.

Just a thought, Newt or Phone might have an answer to this one.

Here in the UK we call dodgy builders Cowboys or Micky Mouse builders. Bit of a slur on the American way of life perhaps. What do you call dodgy builders over there? Shepherd builders? Peter Rabbit Builders?

So what on earth has this got to do with the close season debate?

Absolutely nothing! But what else can we do during the close season other than ask stupid questions?

Still, it would be nice to know the answer.

Originally posted by trent.barbeler:

Lee I remember having a general conversation with you about river pollution that probably included EDS. I can not however, remember ever sending you any literature on it though! That’s not to say that I didn’t, as I know I’ve sent literature to members of the SACG/SAA and individuals in the past.

Regarding the SAA’s rivers group Duncan will I suspect, answer you in due course and doesn’t need me to answer for him. What I will say is that some of the posts above could be leading people reading this thread into thinking that it’s a mainly stillwater organisation.

It isn’t, as you know!

Granted, by looking at the groups who are members, one would assume wrongly that it was. The reality is that many of it Officers, delegates and members are multi-disciplinary anglers which includes river fishing. As an example, Steve is known for eel fishing hence the name eelfisher. You and I know that he not only fishes for eels, he has in the past and may still be fishing for pike, zander, carp, grayling, barbel, etc now. Likewise, my preference is probably known for bream. However, I’ve been river fishing since the age of 14. Hard at the time in Manchester as the rivers were open sewers and I, we had to travel 120 mile round trip for it. I have also seriously fish for chub and barbel for over 25 years. Few members of the SACG or SAA know that because it’s not something I shout about.

That really would ruin my reputation if people thought I was fishing for an in vogue species wouldn’t it !!!

I also love fishing the stickfloat for dace and grayling on the River Dee, and over the years have spent many happy days during the winter in pursuit of them.

So let cut out the garbage about the SAA being a stillwater organisation, It care for all water environments!

Remember Lee it was you who walked away from it last time, and the strange thing was, you had won the argument about a rivers group with the majority of delegates who attend the meetings. Hence why Duncan is co-ordinator of it now.

The RSSG’s Environment and Conservation Co-ordinator may be fully aware of Endocrine Disrupters but so is my family, but they aren’t doing anything about it. So I ask you what if anything is he/she doing over it?

To the best of my knowledge, that person has not identified themselves to any other organisation, or made enquiries as to whether there is any sort of working group on it.

Which I have to tell you there is, and it is a joint working group under the auspicious of the NAA.

I don’t have a problem with sending anybody info on it as I have illustrated above, but I would have a problem with groups/organisations not wishing for whatever reason to get involved in that working group.

As to me joining the RSSG, I’m pleading the barbel amendment on this, and waiting and seeing what happens with this group.

Thank you, for the offer of adviser and consultant for RSSG on this issue but my first commitment will always be to the community where I live and its problems, then to the SAA, after which I frankly have litter time for anything else. To demonstrate this just look at some of the ridiculous time I have to post now. Sorry but 18 hour days are all I can manage!

phil h.

Oh Chester! You’re really showing your old Tanky attitude.

Don’t you know that the "politically correct" terminology for violence, blood on the street and giving the Govt. a good smack in the mouth is now known as Direct Action?

Via La Revolution!!!!!!

[ 13 April 2002, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: phil hackett ]

phil h.

Peter Waller:

Here in the UK we call dodgy builders Cowboys or Micky Mouse builders. Bit of a slur on the American way of life perhaps. What do you call dodgy builders over there? Shepherd builders? Peter Rabbit Builders?

Not sure about terms for builders specifically but over here

"Mickey Mouse" anything means cheap, poorly done, not for any serious use.

"Cowboy" means someone who is willing to dive and and try most anything, usually in a flamboyant manner, and usually without showing good sense.

It also means someone who makes his/her living working cattle but there are so few of them these days that to restrict the word to them would be a waste of a perfectly good word.

Of course, there are the folks who make their living doing rodeo events and riding nasty-tempered bulls with nothing but a rope around it's middle. That ain't bad for them as likes it as a top hand can make $10K on a weekend for working 24 seconds (each ride must last at least 8 seconds to be counted and is only scored on the first 8 seconds).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President