My 'New' Car

Elton

Decided to refurb my sill pads with Plastidip - a synthetic rubber paint. Didn't figure on how hard Lotus made it to get the bloody things off intact, though the driver's side one had helpfully detached of its own accord!

95F09C3F-8772-4D64-BF6F-D3C5E886E383_zps

38A69A5F-A02D-48CB-859F-01887AF0331E_zps

2BC01A93-C9A7-4ED1-B0B4-B86FA7D27E56_zps

Is that a foot operated dip switch I can see in the top right of the first pic?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So is the build quality poor on them Steve. I've never seen a Lotus close up.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Colin Chapman once said "Any car which holds together for more than a race is too heavy" and I think the engineers took him seriously!

No, I'm being unkind. The mechanical bits are simple and robust, albeit built around the compromises needed when you buy in things like engines. The interior is minimal, I like that, but some of the materials are just cheap. If I had more money than sense, there are some beautiful carbon fibre replacements available for much of the interior trim. They wouldn't be significantly lighter than the bits they replace, nor would their increased strength be of any use, but they'd look nicer. When I have some spare cash, I will get it retrimmed with leather and alcantara on the nasty materials, though. Which will add a bit of weight, but probably not as much as I removed when I replaced the exhaust. God knows why that was so heavy, it was ridiculous.