Stuck push in quiver tip

WickerDave

As a variation on the stuck rod/pole section topics, are there any tips on removing a stuck push in solid fibreglass quiver tip? Brute force hasn't worked so far :(.

A bit of grease round where the quiver pushes into the top piece? Don't think it would do any harm to the rods, as long as you wipe the excess off afterwards.

Warm up the top section of the rod (hopefully carbon) with a hair dryer or by holding under a hot tap.Trying not to heat the quiver tip section (which hopefully will be glass)!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dry the whole thing, don a pair of marigolds for grip and pull/twist.

Just don't twist it using an eye for leverage.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried the hair dryer last night, this freed it enough to twist it a little, about 20 degrees, but with no outward movement. As soon as it cools, it can't be moved at all.

It's usuable as it is, although I'd prefer to use a heavier tip for method fishing, so I might just leave it alone before something breaks.

Heating the outer piece so it expands is almost certainly your best way forward. As long as the tip doesn't get direct heat it should work.

Try a wet towel wrapped around the outer section and keep pouring hot water on it from time to time while frequently trying to remove the tip.

I don't have any idea how long it is but if there is room, try using two people. Both of you stand facing each other and grip both sections then coordinate pulling them apart. It is probably easier to do than to explain but you wind up with your hands toward the other person and theirs toward you. If you hold near the spoggot on bottom and toward the tip of the tip with them holding the tip near the main rod and the main rod below (toward your body) you can exert an amazing amount of pull without stressing the rod or tip.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have heard before to boil the kettle, then take the lid off the kettle, lots of steam will come out. Then you hold then two sides and pull, whilst tapping on the joint. The steam makes the carbon expand more than the glass, so the glass part should slip out :D

Thats a cracking tip Ken.

Yewp, has worked for me in the past. It does help if you engauge the grey matter though. Back in the days when I pole fished (only for the occasional livebait sesion these days), I used ti to free stuck pole sections.

Unfortunatly, although the pole was a put over job, the top three was telescopic.

Can you guess what happened ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.