Ultrabite works, so there!

Peter Waller

The CEFAS labs that worked on Ultrabite are at Lowestoft, near where I live. A friend of a friend works there & was able to show me a video of experiments with various fish. Quite simply Ultrabite was fed into the holding tanks via a flume. Fish that were previously pretty dormant went on the feed immediately. The same has been reported in Sea Angler magazine this month.

For what its worth my own opinion is that they may have got the concoction right, but they haven't yet got the delivery system right for anglers. Personally I should like a gooey substance that I can smear lures and deadbaits with, rather like Smelly Jelly that Harris Angling import. Unquestionably it works in laboratory conditions.

Peter Waller:

. Unquestionably it works in laboratory conditions.

Peter, I am so glad that you came up with this as I think people are probably getting a bit sick of me popping up on this subject.

I have visited 5 tackle shops over the last 2 days that stock it and NOT ONE SHOP KNEW HOW TO USE IT, so nor did the clients. It is also about 2 quid more than the UK.

Evidently there were complaints about worms and maggots going stodgy etc etc.

What a shame that after spending 3 million on a product, the sales and marketing people have just shot there selfs in the foot.

It seems a bit like a do it yourself kitchen but with out the instructions.

Peter, we get the information from you and thanks for it. Shame the firm can't supply it.

:mad:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan,

Its on offer here at Max £9.99 per 20 and some even post free at £8.99 or less.

I return from Germany on 8th March and I will willingly send you some if you are still having problems!

Dont spend £2 per sachet, cos the postage will be minimal and I am interested in your tests anyway, although a coarse only Angler.

My own results are inconclusive, )Have blanked with it) But only when others near me have bk#lanked as well!

On 2 occassions I,ve been the only 1 to catch!, using it, but only a few small bits, nothing exciting.

However, mentally I have established it is definitely NOT a deterrent!

Experimenting a) in groundbait and

B) direct on to Maggots.

This 2nd method, when the bait retained increases the smell (which is reported as a base oil feature, not the hormones) to a point where my wife refuses to enter my car LOL.

Still, antything for the advance of knowledge!

Sorry holiday intrudes Al, but I know I can trust you and will happily send cheaper packs on my return on 8th Mar.

Good Luck

Zip

PS Peter, I was landlord of the Alderman Pub in Lowestoft 1992/4 on Hollingsworth Rd,(renamed now!) and sailed as a Trawlerman out of there in 64 lol. I now drink in my local with the father of 1 of the girls who works in the Lowestoft development site you mention! Aint it a small world!

Zip

[ 01 March 2002, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Ziptrev ]

im not slating it in any way, i havnt used it, but, on a recent trip, my mate plod, used it while i was using archie bradocks hot magic, the fishing was hard, but archies stuff produced two nice carp, and plod had non, we where fishing vitually the same swim, both on feeders, but he has nine more viels left, and as soon as he gets back from brazil we will continue the test.

its a very strong smell, and im wondering if it can be to strong, ie, making the fish want to feed, but not actualy feed if you know what i mean.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Friends,

and what's the colour of Ultrabite?

On last weekend Finns have become 2002 World Champs in ice-fishing. Some people say, they were strewing some orange-colour substanse into hole in ice, others say they applied it on bloodworms just prior to fishing. Anyway, they were very successful in taking roach.

Tight lines,

------------

Nicholai

Ziptrev:

Zip

Hi Zip,

thanks for your offer, I have spoken to a friend in the trade, just down the road and he will let me have it for cost price. None of his clients know how to use the stuff so it is not selling.

I have no idea how it should be used to the best affect :confused: but from bits and pieces that I have picked up it seems that the hormones stimulate sexual responses until it has dispersed in the water and then the fish start to feed.

You mention that your wife will not get in the car with this stuff because of the smell.

If you are mixing your ground bait prior to leaving for a fishing session, are you losing the hormone ellement to the atmosphere before you get to the water? Would it work better if you did not open the vial until you are bank side? The muddy water gets muddier, sorry.

Reference has been made several times about the results in tank tests. I for one am sceptical about the merits of these tests. Anyone that keeps fish in a tank or a pond will tell you the fish's reactions at feeding time.

When I have the time I think it will be worth making up a batch of boilies with NB and experiment with amounts of "flavour/oil", though I would have thought that NB would have come up with "reccomended" methods of use on the packet :mad: as most firms do.

I still think the basic idea of NB is a good one and 10 out of 10 for the research put into developing it and the packaging is great. A BIG FLAT ZERO for consumer advice though.

I will only buy it out of curiosity, if I was your normal angler, I would'nt touch the stuff until they came up with practical use information.

All the best

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Rusults 50-50 only tested on pelet few drops on some pellets worked firstime after that poor returns.

Still convinced its a summer additive when the water warms up.

But if the check who is the marketing / advisor on the product you can see why its failing.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Nodin:

Friends,

and what's the colour of Ultrabite?

On last weekend Finns have become 2002 World Champs in ice-fishing. Some people say, they were strewing some orange-colour substanse into hole in ice, others say they applied it on bloodworms just prior to fishing. Anyway, they were very successful in taking roach.

Tight lines,

------------

Nicholai

Hi Nodin, its a sort of urine colour. Smells worse though.

PS Peter, I was landlord of the Alderman Pub in Lowestoft 1992/4 on Hollingsworth Rd,(renamed now!) and sailed as a Trawlerman out of there in 64 lol. I now drink in my local with the father of 1 of the girls who works in the Lowestoft development site you mention! Aint it a small world!

Zip[/QB]

Hi Zip, are you tall, dark & handsome? Easy going and bought drinks for all the customers? Thought so, you bugger you, you threw me out for chatting up the barmaids :D:D

Peter Waller:

Quite simply Ultrabite was fed into the holding tanks via a flume.

Well!! I am NOT carrying a bloomin' flume to my swim aswell!!!!..

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet