Thanks for the good wishes!

Steve Burke

Since making my first posts for a considerable time several of you have enquired about my health. I'm fine thanks, although unfortunately 3 members of my family aren't, with in fact one dying last week.

The result is that, despite my own health improving, I've still had almost no time to fish (just 3 times since March), let alone post on the internet. It's times like now that you realise that family is the most important thing in life.

As Peggy said recently this really has been our "annus horribilis". Indeed the last 18 months has been extremely frought. Family problems are going to continue to take up a lot of time, but I'll post whenever I can.

Luckily the year should end on a good note though as we're due to become grandparents again by the end of the year! :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve, it is really good to see you posting again.

I am so sorry to hear of yours and Peggy's bad news - please accept sincere condolences from both me and Cath.

Likewise, please also accept our congratulations on your other, excellent news!

If you can spare time for a cuppa over the weekend, you know where I'll be.

:thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you can spare time for a cuppa over the weekend, you know where I'll be.

:thumbs:

I'll do what I can, but we're so far behind with Wingham behind-the-scenes work and Peggy's paperweight business, let alone the remaining family commitments....

I'd add that without Terry and Glyn Wingham itelf would be in a state now. Thanks again guys!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve you know that if there is any way we can help out all you need to do is say.

Oh and as for Peggy's ""annus horribilis" tell her not to worry...ok she might not be J-Lo but its not that bad! [feels extra BBQ perks slipping away!]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

As Anderoo says, really good to see you posting, Steve.

I swear that the leaves cling on to the trees around here until a perch thread appears, featuring AN's very own guru on the subject. Best dust off my garden rake now.

BBQ perks, Budgie.....I reckon you'll find yourself on it the way you're going! ;)

Since making my first posts for a considerable time several of you have enquired about my health. I'm fine thanks, although unfortunately 3 members of my family aren't, with in fact one dying last week.

The result is that, despite my own health improving, I've still had almost no time to fish (just 3 times since March), let alone post on the internet. It's times like now that you realise that family is the most important thing in life.

As Peggy said recently this really has been our "annus horribilis". Indeed the last 18 months has been extremely frought. Family problems are going to continue to take up a lot of time, but I'll post whenever I can.

Luckily the year should end on a good note though as we're due to become grandparents again by the end of the year! :)

Hi there,

As I'm a newbie here I've obviously never 'spoken' to you before, but your thread just struck a chord with me as I,ve just been through a rather painful episode myself.As you say, it does put things into perspective and I'd just like to wish you and your family happier times for the future.Best wishes,

Fours.

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

I've not met you either Steve but it strikes me that anyone prepared to put the effort that you do into the annual Wingham event deserves a change of fortune and a few breaks, I'm sure that both will come along soon.

All the best.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Loosing relatives and close friends is shattering I know but you've gotta pick yourself up and try to enjoy yourself...lifes too short to mourn to long (I hope that doesn't sound bad as it's not meant to)

Steve, take Anderoo up on his cuppa and have a natter to some friends !

Oh, forgot to say, great to see you posting again Steve !

Edited by Tigger

Thanks, guys!

I'm not feeling down, Tigger. The death wasn't unexpected and in some ways it was a relief. The original post was really apologising for my absence, and explaining that I won't be able to post much for a while.

And yes, I did pop round to Anderoo for an hour this afternoon. :)

Oh and as for Peggy's ""annus horribilis" tell her not to worry...ok she might not be J-Lo but its not that bad! [feels extra BBQ perks slipping away!]

Excuse me Mr Burgess, extra BBQ perks slipping away, not likely, you're not gettting anything at all!! :nono:

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights