Opening an old CD

Dick Dastardly

All my original "Tackle Workshop" articles (and a few other things that I would like acsess to) were saved on to CD back in the late 90's early 2000's.When I try to run them on my current PC it shows only a blank CD is in the drive. If I remember correctly the original program used to create the CD's was Adaptec Easy CD Creator (cant remember the version number). I no longer have this programme. Ive looked but cant find any free downloads.

Any one help? I would like to update these articles and put them on here as the versions on line (Fishing Magic) have been hacked about so much by the new management that they are useless and I want them removed!

Please remember Im absolutely clue less about PC's!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Bruv, Roxio Inc., the Digital Media company now supports many of the recording and system backup software products formerly labeled as Adaptec software.

Downloads and Support for Easy CD Creator, DirectCD, SoundStream, Toast, Jam and GoBack are now available at roxio

But I do not know if this will help you to open the old cd.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Have you tried the disc in any other computers? If it's not mounting, then I'd have thought it was much more likely to be a problem with the disc (or your PC's CD drive) than anything wrong with the contents.

Have you ever been able to open it?

Have you tried the disc in any other computers? If it's not mounting, then I'd have thought it was much more likely to be a problem with the disc (or your PC's CD drive) than anything wrong with the contents.

Have you ever been able to open it?

Never been able to open it on any computers Ive had since the original one it was made on (opened ok on that though) I seem to remember a re writable CD had to be "closed" for it to be able to work on other PC's other than with the programme that made it.Not so sure I did.

Never been able to open it on any computers Ive had since the original one it was made on (opened ok on that though) I seem to remember a re writable CD had to be "closed" for it to be able to work on other PC's other than with the programme that made it.Not so sure I did.

I suggest this http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php its a free download so its legal and its free to try ;) i have used it to open loads of different file types. I was going to suggest burning a copy and sending it over but as you are seeing it as blank that would be fairly pointless but usually i can crack pretty much anything.

It may be the file is an image file which is why the pc is not seeing it

Thanks Austin! Ive downloade the programme and it shows the things stored on the CD but says I have to register to be aceually able to "extract" the information.I pressume this is what I need to do ie "extract" it? Do I have to pay to register?

Thanks Austin! Ive downloade the programme and it shows the things stored on the CD but says I have to register to be aceually able to "extract" the information.I pressume this is what I need to do ie "extract" it? Do I have to pay to register?

bear with me and i'll pm you something if i can find it. Usually it will let you extract a few things without registering if not i'll be able to see you right

bear with me and i'll pm you something if i can find it. Usually it will let you extract a few things without registering if not i'll be able to see you right

Many thanks I really apreciate the help.