PIKE ON THE POLE

BreamBoi

YESTERDAY I WAS FISHING MY LOCAL LAKE ON THE POLE EXPECTING TO CATCH SOME SMALL CARP AND TENCH , BREAM YOU KNOW THE USUAL FISH . WASNT GETTIN MUCH SO I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY A COUPLE WORMS SO I PUT THEM ON AND AS I LOWERED IT INTO THE WATER TO PUT THE OTHER SECTIONS ON A PIKE SHOT OUT THE REEDS AND TOOK THE BAIT AFTER A 6-7 MINUTE BATTLE AS I ONLY HAD SMALLISH ELASTIC ON AND SMALL LINE I MANAGED TO LAND IT. AFTER UNHOOKIN IT SAFLEY AND WEIGHING THE PIKE IT WAS 5lb 8oz ..

HERES THE TACKLE I WAS USEING ..

: 2010 DAIWA SR1 PLUS 13M POLE

: SIZE 10 ELASTIC

: SIZE 20 HOOK

: 5LB MAINLINE

: 4LB HOOK LENGH

: BAIT - WORMS

I WILL UPLOAD A PIC OF THE FISH LATER ON TODAY FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE .. THANKS

Edited by BreamBoi

YESTERDAY I WAS FISHING MY LOCAL LAKE ON THE POLE EXPECTING TO CATCH SOME SMALL CARP AND TENCH , BREAM YOU KNOW THE USUAL FISH . WASNT GETTIN MUCH SO I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY A COUPLE WORMS SO I PUT THEM ON AND AS I LOWERED IT INTO THE WATER TO PUT THE OTHER SECTIONS ON A PIKE SHOT OUT THE REEDS AND TOOK THE BAIT AFTER A 6-7 MINUTE BATTLE AS I ONLY HAD SMALLISH ELASTIC ON AND SMALL LINE I MANAGED TO LAND IT. AFTER UNHOOKIN IT SAFLEY AND WEIGHING THE PIKE IT WAS 5lb 8oz ..

HERES THE TACKLE I WAS USEING ..

: 2010 DAIWA SR1 PLUS 13M POLE

: SIZE 10 ELASTIC

: SIZE 20 HOOK

: 5LB MAINLINE

: 4LB HOOK LENGH

: BAIT - WORMS

I WILL UPLOAD A PIC OF THE FISH LATER ON TODAY FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE .. THANKS

Pike on the pole! Sounds like it would have been a pretty interesting time lol, can't wait to see the pics!

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

Pike on the pole! Sounds like it would have been a pretty interesting time lol, can't wait to see the pics!

Ye was very unexpected but great at the same time ..

they put up a good fight very strong fish ..

the pics will be up about 3pm today ..

Just one thing BreamBoi; typing in capitals on forums is seen as SHOUTING as well as being somewhat harder to read than normal (lowercase) typing, so could you keep the Caps Lock off please? Thank you :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Pike love worms - get a fair few each year whilst perching - did bloddy well to land it on s size 20 though!

C.

I assumed it was a mis-typed 2, unless it was a very small worm! Mind you, that's a very big hook for a worm.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I assumed it was a mis-typed 2, unless it was a very small worm! Mind you, that's a very big hook for a worm.

i thought a size 20 was qite a small hook the orms i had was lobs which were a bit big for the hook i was useing lol .. i wasnt really expecting to catch anything like that but was really good that i did .. :)

i thought a size 20 was qite a small hook the orms i had was lobs which were a bit big for the hook i was useing lol .. i wasnt really expecting to catch anything like that but was really good that i did .. :)

Jib the pole and get yourself some appropriate gear, then fish for them legitimately!

Sounds like you had fun, so imagine a 10, 15, 20 pounder!

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

Jib the pole and get yourself some appropriate gear, then fish for them legitimately!

Sounds like you had fun, so imagine a 10, 15, 20 pounder!

yeah i got some proper gear fopr pike fishing but jus fancied pole fishing that day .. was an unexpected guest lol