Quick Release Connectors

arbocop

I like the idea of them but at the same time don't trust them. I envisage a chub or barbel going off downstream with my net.

Do you trust them for river fishing and if so which one?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I like the idea of them but at the same time don't trust them. I envisage a chub or barbel going off downstream with my net.

Ive always "liked the idea of them" as well mate! Never had one come undone but they can be a bitch to undo once they get older and some (all?) can "swivel" thus causing a potential problem when used in conjunction with a landing net head. Basing this on my original ones I dont know if any of these problems have been resolved though?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ive always "liked the idea of them" as well mate! Never had one come undone but they can be a bitch to undo once they get older and some (all?) can "swivel thus causing a potential problem. I dont know if any of these problems have been resolved though?

Same here. I bought one but, on close inspection I decided not to trust it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

i buy mine (well nick actually gave me a few) from the guy who designed them nick palmer (rather than the many rip off's on e-bay etc) from his site hear ,buy the size that matches your handles net head diameter

http://www.realideas.eu/Connectors.html

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

theres a lot of the plain alloy ones about (cheap rip offs) ,that inside the anti-twist part was a row of drilled indents that a ball bearing would locates into one of them ,but because there was so many small indents running around the dia of the device the ball bearing soon broke through the thin seporating walls and slip around crating a groove with the result the net would rotate .nicks design (now made by PROLOGIC ) have less indents but bigger and stronger spring loaded ball bearings for better improoved grip .and a hell of a lot less chance of slipping .

i've not had one slip yet in four years or so of using them , though i often swap and change them between landing nets and alarms ,rests etc (i really should buy some .) and often arrive with one or the other parts missing (back at home fitted too something else) so have too remove them any way .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i've not had one slip yet in four years or so of using them , though i often swap and change them between landing nets and alarms ,rests etc (i really should buy some .) and often arrive with one or the other parts missing (back at home fitted too something else) so have too remove them any way .

Er me too!!!

Didnt Nick come on here once and ask for some feedback/reply to some concerns about his product?

Sorry can't really be a lot of help all the modern landing net handles seem rubbish to me and I've tried a lot of them. I have gone back to using my old shakespeare telescopic landing net handle No.7618.

If you get the net end of the Lineaeffe 3.2mtr Landing net handle wet - the glue softens and the net falls off

The Middy Carp Baggin Machine telescopic sections fit together the wrong way - so any resistance like the weight of a fish or a few weeds and the whole thing falls apart into sections

The Middy Power Handle - is just too flimsy for anything over a couple of pounds

The aluminum ones are just rubbish

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I use the Prologic ones all the time and have never had any problems with them. I have not tried the cheap Ebay ones as the price difference hardly makes it worthwhile changing

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

all the modern landing net handles seem rubbish to me and I've tried a lot of them. I

Totally agree Rik! been buying new handles for years now and always end up going back to my extremely battered multiple repaired original glass one! The glue business seems very common! And totally unforgivable! My old faithful has a belt and braces approach of both Araldite and a rivet! Sick of biting the bullet and taking out mortgages for modern super duper carbon ones that just fall apart! (some cost over £30 and fell apart before even being used! whats that all about?)

Ive always "liked the idea of them" as well mate! Never had one come undone but they can be a bitch to undo once they get older

That was exactly what put me off too. They were rock solid, but a bit too rock solid once you'd got a bit of gubbins in the joint! I ended up chucking mine.