New Organisation named

Bob Shotter

A New Organisation for Recreational Sea Anglers in the UK.

29th October 2010

New Organisation named

A new organisation to represent recreational sea anglers in the United Kingdom moves a steep closer today.

The ‘Recreational Sea Anglers UK’ will be an internet based org in which members will be able to engage in on line debates about the many topics that the sport is expected to face over the next few years.

Topics once debated will then be voted on and the majority view will be brought to the attention of the various marine managements via the nation wide RSA representatives apointed by the MMO for the new IFCAs which start working from April next.

The org will further engage up the marine managerial ladder with issues relevant to government both National and European.

Full information will be made available in the next few weeks when the web site goes on line.

www.recreational-sea-anglers-uk.org

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt represent me ,it doesnt even know me ,what do the other organisations that are supposed to "represent" me think of it :rolleyes:

is angling a sport? or a hobby or a recreation

every angler in the country could have a organisation of his own and like the rest the only thing it will be representing is itself s own interests in being a "voice" of itself not the members

less orgs makes people listen ,one big voice not a mumble of many counts ,but like freshwater angling it will never happen as the heads of such organisations are there for their benefit not anglings ,it will end in the usual inter org bickering about who IS the voice :rolleyes: one "voice" will put down all the other voices and vice versa and no-one will be heard in the squabbling

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

it doesnt represent me ,it doesnt even know me ,what do the other organisations that are supposed to "represent" me think of it :rolleyes:

is angling a sport? or a hobby or a recreation

every angler in the country could have a organisation of his own and like the rest the only thing it will be representing is itself s own interests in being a "voice" of itself not the members

less orgs makes people listen ,one big voice not a mumble of many counts ,but like freshwater angling it will never happen as the heads of such organisations are there for their benefit not anglings ,it will end in the usual inter org bickering about who IS the voice :rolleyes: one "voice" will put down all the other voices and vice versa and no-one will be heard in the squabbling

Chesters 1

Thank you for the post and with all due respect I would suggest you have not read the above idea that I offer clearly.

Like so many RSA, Fishermen or however you would describe us, we have one thing in common catching fish.

At present the Recreational Sea Anglers UK (RSA-UK) represents no one.

Once launched the intention will be to represent its members views and will do so in a democratic open and transparent fashion.

The org will as such have no influence or indeed its own agenda as you suggest, as each topic will be presented as a motion debated and voted on, the majority vote will then be presented to the relevant part of the marine management as the views of the members of said org.

This idea is totally different to any other available to our spot and given the possible impact of regulation including licensing either local or national, 30% of our inshore waters subject to conservation orders many of which will become NTZ, Log Books and some charter boats being brought into the commercial quota system. These regulations will be backed with penalties of up to 50k for any offenders and I am of the view that if the situation is not resisted now then fishing in the UK will suffer the consequences.

Tight Lines Bob

Thank god for a common sense approach to the problem of governance by RSA "representatives", if theres anything I can do I will even if it just means signing up and engaging in the debate

Well done to all those that set this up

Many thanks to you Brian for your support, sorry I have taken a while in responding but I have been away from home this past week dealing with a family funeral.

I would welcome any one wishing to help me get this idea off the ground as I honestly believe RSA needs a new voice, my biggest fear is that I personally am probably not articulate enough to lead an org but at present there seems no one else prepared to jump in the ring.

Hopefully in just a few weeks there will be the launch of the org web site along with a set of basic rules and some idea of where I would like to see it go; ultimately it will be for those who join to decide the future which is what RSA lack at present.

Many thanks to you Brian for your support, sorry I have taken a while in responding but I have been away from home this past week dealing with a family funeral.

I would welcome any one wishing to help me get this idea off the ground as I honestly believe RSA needs a new voice, my biggest fear is that I personally am probably not articulate enough to lead an org but at present there seems no one else prepared to jump in the ring.

Hopefully in just a few weeks there will be the launch of the org web site along with a set of basic rules and some idea of where I would like to see it go; ultimately it will be for those who join to decide the future which is what RSA lack at present.

Good Morning,

I agree with Brian. This is just what us RSA's need - one voice to represent us all.

I'm sure you can do it Bob, your posts on here seem very articulate.

Are you going to post regular updates on here as the plan develops?. In fact, i'd love to here how things are progressing right now.

keep up the good work.

Sid

Good Morning,

I agree with Brian. This is just what us RSA's need - one voice to represent us all.

I'm sure you can do it Bob, your posts on here seem very articulate.

Are you going to post regular updates on here as the plan develops?. In fact, i'd love to here how things are progressing right now.

keep up the good work.

Sid

Hi Sid and thanks for the interest, at present it is all meetings and getting the web site set up.

We are negotiating with independent orgs to see fair play re voting so every thing is transparent and setting up a fair means of policing the debates so as not to get the type of flack we have on another platform, but that’s a different story.

With luck we should be up and running soon and you can be sure you will here about it here.

Tight Lines Bob

Hi Sid and thanks for the interest, at present it is all meetings and getting the web site set up.

We are negotiating with independent orgs to see fair play re voting so every thing is transparent and setting up a fair means of policing the debates so as not to get the type of flack we have on another platform, but that’s a different story.

With luck we should be up and running soon and you can be sure you will here about it here.

Tight Lines Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for the reply, it sounds like things are going really well for you guys. Good luck with the meetings, sounds like high powered stuff, are there really important people from the world of angling involved?.

Sorry to hear you've been getting flack, what kind of stuff?, is it the Angling Trust website you mean?.

Tighter Lines

Sid

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for the reply, it sounds like things are going really well for you guys. Good luck with the meetings, sounds like high powered stuff, are there really important people from the world of angling involved?.

Sorry to hear you've been getting flack, what kind of stuff?, is it the Angling Trust website you mean?.

Tighter Lines

Sid

Good morning Sid good to hear from you again.

To answer your question about any high profile folk from the angling fraternity getting involved, to be perfectly honest no one has come forward as yet. As you are probably aware the AT has been heavily criticised for so long that many might well be reluctant to take up the challenge. I asked time and again on some of the forums for some one to set up an alternative org until it became clear the only way forward was to try and put something together myself.

The basic idea is simple and should address the failings of the past where RSA representatives who have been on the old sea fisheries committees have had a loan voice and found it difficult to know if there views actually reflected the majority of anglers let alone having any thing more than there own word with regard the strength anglers as a stakeholder group.

Knowing the passion many have for the sport and as the realisation of the effects of the Marine bill as they start to emerge then I 'am confident that this idea might just be what is needed and thereby attract folk from every level of the sport.

With regard the flack the less said about that the better it comes from a small section of RSA/commercials and while it may seem important to themselves it is insignificant in the grand order of things and has been mostly personal rather than finding fault in the idea.

Tight Lines Bob Shotter.

Edited by Deene'0

Good morning Sid good to hear from you again.

To answer your question about any high profile folk from the angling fraternity getting involved, to be perfectly honest no one has come forward as yet. As you are probably aware the AT has been heavily criticised for so long that many might well be reluctant to take up the challenge. I asked time and again on some of the forums for some one to set up an alternative org until it became clear the only way forward was to try and put something together myself.

The basic idea is simple and should address the failings of the past where RSA representatives who have been on the old sea fisheries committees have had a loan voice and found it difficult to know if there views actually reflected the majority of anglers let alone having any thing more than there own word with regard the strength anglers as a stakeholder group.

Knowing the passion many have for the sport and as the realisation of the effects of the Marine bill as they start to emerge then I 'am confident that this idea might just be what is needed and thereby attract folk from every level of the sport.

With regard the flack the less said about that the better it comes from a small section of RSA/commercials and while it may seem important to themselves it is insignificant in the grand order of things and has been mostly personal rather than finding fault in the idea.

Tight Lines Bob Shotter.

Good Morning Bob,

Sad that the VIP's aren't coming forward. Do you think you should approach some of them?, I rekon with someone like Matt Hayes (Total Fishing on Quest channel) you would get everyone attention.

I'm excited to see the website, when do you think it will be ready?.

I don't know much about angling politics but you've got me worried, what is this marine bill going to do?.

I've never used a intenet forum before but everyone seems very nice here, sorrry to hear they aren't all like that. What are you doing are you ignoring them or is there some way you could shut them up?.

So when I join you will explain what the issues are and then we will be able to vote on what to do?.

I think we need someone to stop fishing boats netting all the fish.

Tightest lines

Sid