League Against Cruel Sports

Adrian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but I do have some contacts in China,one of my Daughters in law is Chinese!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I think you are becoming over sensitive Newt. I really can't see how my comments were even remotely libellous.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

I think you are becoming over sensitive Newt. I really can't see how my comments were even remotely libellous.

I think that naming an organisation and then following it by the following statement may well be seen by them as damaging:

quote:

It is staffed by very bitter anti-Labour, pro-fox hunting people who will stop at nothing to cause trouble where non presently exists.

:rolleyes:

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

In my opinion this board appears to have gone Libel crazy recently...

Perhaps we ought to acquaint ourselves with what libel is defined as being...

Try reading the following

Libel Information

Pay attention to the bit about what constitutes a defense against libel...

A defamation claim will fail if any of these elements are not met.

The primary defenses to a defamation claim are that the statements are true, ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION or otherwise not statements of fact, or are privileged

Dave Hill:

In my opinion this board appears to have gone Libel crazy recently...

Perhaps we ought to acquaint ourselves with what libel is defined as being...

Try reading the following

Libel Information

Pay attention to the bit about what constitutes a defense against libel...

A defamation claim will fail if any of these elements are not met.

The primary defenses to a defamation claim are that the statements are true, ARE STATEMENTS OF OPINION or otherwise not statements of fact, or are privileged

Please note, however, that the site referenced above is a United States site quoting United States laws. This is a UK board and the reference above was to a UK company. If you want to see the UK laws, you could try here.

I believe that the first defence stated above do stand up in a UK court, which is why apparent derogatory "statements of fact", such as the one removed, have to be curtailed. One also has to try not to be 'clever' about the law on this, too. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink comments can also be libellous. For instance, I could not say "In my opinion, Mr. X is a sexual pervert." That's what used to happen in the press, but not these days. This is highlighted in the link I have given you above by the paragraph:

quote:

Simply putting 'allegedly' at the start of your statement doesn't stop a statement being defamatory at all; you need to have proof that what you are saying is true.

I have some new Terms and Conditions to approve and publish on the site over the next few days. They arrived back here from the solicitor on Tueasday, but I've been too busy to go over them. I never envisaged, when the site was launched, that I'd ever ned them, but I could be in strife if they're not published :(

Hope the above helps.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

ALAN FAWCETT:

quote:

the pagan delight & celebration in the death of a warm blooded animal.

Why do people always assume pagans delight in killing things??

If you were to read the defenition of pagan you would see that we are actually people who hold a belief that nature is "god" & as such we have great respect for nature (the term mother nature came from the pagans).

Druidic people were the ones who made live sacrifices not us, but the two are always wrongly associated together.

Druidism & paganism are not the same.

Alan, I didn't suggest that Druidism & Paganism are one & the same thing. I have always understood Druidism to be a religion whilst Pagans do not actually subscribe to a religeon. Perhaps my use was not wholly correct. I used it in the context of ungodly & pre modern civilisation, which to my mind sums up the mentality of those who delight in killing ala fox hunting style. Since you have taken offence at my usage, I'll edit my entry to a probably more suitable one, barbaric. Apologies for any offence given, none intended. Cheers, Peter.

miasma:

Peter...from a report leaked to and published by

The Observer,26th September 1999....

Includes.....Prince Charles,Sir Hardy Amies

Lord Vestey,Duke of Northumberland,

Duke of Westminster,Sir Robert McAlpine and

Persimmon Homes.

I wonder what interest the last two would have in

the Countryside Alliance?

Be Lucky! ....miasma..

Mick Persimmon lives in the next road to me, I'll ask. Persimmon Homes is now a PLC and is profit hungry. I don't belive that Mick actually fishes nor hunts nor shoots, he's a bit of a keen sailor. As you said in your first post on this subject, nearer to home than China, about 300 yards! I understand that the China connection is recent.

[ 02 May 2002, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]