Cheap pins !

Tigger

A tip.

When you put up a shelf in the living room so that the pins can be kept on display and to hand, don't forget to make it long enough for a growing collection.

There's nothing so aesthetically displeasing as a length added on, especially if the materials betray it.

(But then comes the problem of looking at the empty space on the shelf and thinking ......................!) :)

Ah! so the madness of pin-mania grows...hehehe

Lol. Having just moved into my new house last week I quickly found myself in the shed plotting the layout. I now have all my rods racked up, my reels racked up in order of size and everything else in its place and hung up. It like heaven to me, I can just walk in, pick a bag, pick what i need, grab a rod and im gone. Whenever i need a fag i just pop out to the shed and admire all my tackle hung up in there and consider the next conquest on the banks of the ribble. I am yet to wangle a spot in the house for my pins once the collection gets going but when the time comes Im sure the fiance wont mind too much. I have already begun my cunning takeover of the spare room by putting all my fishing books/dvds in there along with my xbox and computer. I can see a battle for spare room supremacy coming in the future :D

I hope you fit extra locks, bars for the window and an alarm to your shed maybe CCTV inside and out

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again guys. I've been after a Okuma (for a decent price) on ebay after advice from a number of you on the forum. Spotted this post and ordered one straight away. Arrived today. Looks nice and spins for about 2 and a half mins. When spinning I can feel a bump every now and them. Is that usual for a pin with bearings. Almost feel like ball bearings coming together. Alan is this what you meant about balance. I have had the opportunity to order the TFgear one for £69 in the past and you guys persueded me to hold on. Can't complain at £30. My first proper pin. Can't wait to try it.

Regards

Rob

Should not really have any bumps, maybe some dirt or a bug has got into it during its journey from the factory. It might wear in but I would consider cleaning it.

I hope you fit extra locks, bars for the window and an alarm to your shed maybe CCTV inside and out

Well I have blocked all sunlight from entering so no light fingered git can have a look whats in there and its got some pretty major padlocks on now. Its a pretty huge and well made shed, It even has electricity lol. Must have cost the original owner a lot of money. I would wake up in an instant if I heard anyone trying to get at my fishing gear so no need for cctv. The whole theft card will be playing its part in the bid for spare room supremacy. :D

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I received my £30 reel from dragoncarp within 36 hours of ordering it, & to be 100% truthful the only thing I can fault it on at the moment is the ratchet lever, as it requires to be rotated fully to put it on or turn it off, thats it but for £30 Im not bothered about a thing like that.

The only difference from the TF X pin, The ikonix and the Dragongear is a signature...oh and the price £99.99 as TF Gear....£60 as Ikonix and £30 as Dragoncarp :D

dragoncarp

Ive had it in pieces already... always like to check these things out and its well made and quite robust, the handles are wooden and it overall quite a pleasing reel. will be using it this weekend for a change away from the speedia's & rapidex's so will let you know how it fishes.

By the way how does it come apart. Undid the centre screw but the spool didn't budge. Any method of dismantling and recommended cleaning and maintenance. Cheers

Rob

I only wish I had shares in Dragoncarp pins at the moment as Id have made a fortune I now know of over 40 anglers who have took my advice....No refunds if you dont like it & Im nothing to do with dragoncarp either I just like a good bargain from time to time..lol

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

I only wish I had shares in Dragoncarp pins at the moment as Id have made a fortune I now know of over 40 anglers who have took my advice....No refunds if you dont like it & Im nothing to do with dragoncarp either I just like a good bargain from time to time..lol

I think you are safe from getting pinned George...hehehe...well this time at least...I have had several things from Dragon Carp and I think they are very reasonable and very helpful...well so far...but if they slip up I will not be quiet about it...and you can mark my words on that one...hehehe

Well my new pin has arrived and first impressions are very good for the price. It seems to be built really well and is nice and light. Only thing is that it doesnt seem to spin as long as i had expected. Its not that important as i wouldnt need it to spin for over a minute while casting. But have heard a lot of people saying they spin for over 2 minutes and mine certainly doesnt. Maybe just a screw needs loosening or something. I only get 15 seconds out of it. My 1970s grice and young true pin spins much longer than it. On another note the delivery time was very fast and cant be faulted on service. All in all im very happy and even more so with the price. Thumbs up from me. Now wheres my screw driver. Lets see if i can get it spinning longer.

Well my new pin has arrived and first impressions are very good for the price. It seems to be built really well and is nice and light. Only thing is that it doesnt seem to spin as long as i had expected. Its not that important as i wouldnt need it to spin for over a minute while casting. But have heard a lot of people saying they spin for over 2 minutes and mine certainly doesnt. Maybe just a screw needs loosening or something. I only get 15 seconds out of it. My 1970s grice and young true pin spins much longer than it. On another note the delivery time was very fast and cant be faulted on service. All in all im very happy and even more so with the price. Thumbs up from me. Now wheres my screw driver. Lets see if i can get it spinning longer.

Ive heard of another one in exactly same predicament as yours and all it was required was the bearings had not been lubricated properly, unscrew the front screw and take the spool off to reveal the bearings, give them an oil and try it again, he did and now spins over 1minute 45 secs. Sorted!

Reliable source informs me that they are currently out of stock with the pins awaiting more.

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

Ive heard of another one in exactly same predicament as yours and all it was required was the bearings had not been lubricated properly, unscrew the front screw and take the spool off to reveal the bearings, give them an oil and try it again, he did and now spins over 1minute 45 secs. Sorted!

Reliable source informs me that they are currently out of stock with the pins awaiting more.

Thanks for the info george.