New PB bream

poledark

Nice one, Den. What a clonker!

Did you ever photograph that carp rig you showed me? I was trying to explain it to Gaffer.

Now help that guy out with his casting in the sea forum :P

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! That is a brilliant catch! 10/10! I havent even caught one before, although I've caught many Silver Bream. Actually, speaking of Silver Bream, the currect Britiah record is 15oz!! Now, I've caught them about 1lb or even bigger! I going back to that lake and weighing it next time!!

Gray, rig pic as promised;

img1.jpg

The tube sticking out of the front is 4.5 inches long and the hook link is a bit shorter so there is no risk of a tangle.

Fish with a tight line or heavy bobbin so although running it fishes like a bolt rig.

I always add a few maggots to the feed to attract tiddlers which, I believe will attract the bigger fish. Also I often put one maggot on the hook and if it bursts then the hook is to blunt.

You cannot be to fussy about sharp hooks which is why I use Sedge hooks, they are as sharp as needles and stay sharp.

Been using this setup for about 12years but with a cage feeder instead of the coil and these coils are a godsend.

Elton I will put a pic on tonite but will see if anyone can guess how it is setup before I try to explain it!!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Jamie Thornton:

WOW! That is a brilliant catch! 10/10! I havent even caught one before, although I've caught many Silver Bream. Actually, speaking of Silver Bream, the currect Britiah record is 15oz!! Now, I've caught them about 1lb or even bigger! I going back to that lake and weighing it next time!!

Jamie, sorry to dash your hopes, but a silver bream doesn't mean a bream that is silver unfortunately.

The silver bream (Blicca Bjoerkna) is a separate species to the common bream (Abramis Brama) but juvenille common bream look a lot like mature silver bream. Silver bream are actually quite rare although I would suspect that the record has been broken a few times without the captor realising exactly what he'd caught.

For the record the way to tell between them is that the eye on a silver bream is comparativey bigger than that of the common bream, and the silver bream has 8 to 11 scales between the dorsal fin and the lateral line whilst the common bream has 11 to 15. The only way tell definitively however is probably to examine the pharyngeal bone but you'd need an expert (and a dead fish) to do that.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

You know Den, that is a darn good photo. Technically spot on, look good in A.M.

Did it start off as a print or is it off a digital set up?

By the way, have been trying to picture you in red! I think I have just the job for you around Xmas! Thats a good, kind face with a spot of personality. Can you say 'ho ho ho'?

IMHO its a good quality picture but a shame that a bit of flash wasn't used. It would have removed the shadow from the face and brightened up the main subject, which is a bit dark compared with the bright background.

Cheers.

Roger.

Rogerb:

IMHO its a good quality picture but a shame that a bit of flash wasn't used. It would have removed the shadow from the face and brightened up the main subject, which is a bit dark compared with the bright background.

Cheers.

Roger.

Look in Den's eyes Roger, there are highlights, which suggest a fill-in flash has been used. The sun is also coming over Dens shoulder yet there are highlights on the body of the fish, once again suggesting that flash was used. I would suggest that the contrast separates Den from the background very well indeed. You would expect a shadow under a peaked cap so why totally remove it? The contrast has been reduced on the face, about 1.5 stops between highlight & shadow detail. Anymore than that & it would look artificial surely? Personally I think the balance is spot on. A competant bit of camera work.

[ 12 July 2002, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

What are you after Peter? :D:D

I didn't keep it for live bait as it was a bit too small for the pike I will be after!!

The flash did go off and yes the pic could do with brightening up a shade, which I usually have to do with nearly all my pics,, something to do with the software. I did not "brighten" this one.

I was also in quite deep shade, hence the flash going off.

Den :D

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic