Fishing chair

barbelbarmy

Hi,

Wanted everyones thoughts on the best lightweight chair currently on the market. Must be lightweight, fold up compactly, have mud feet and adjustable legs. I dont want one of those huge affairs used by Carp fisherman. It is primarily to keep my arse off the floor when ledgering for Barbel and I usually only stop in one peg for about an hour before packing up my gear and moving on. Therefore must pack up quickly and be easy to carry.

Thanks.

Hi,

Wanted everyones thoughts on the best lightweight chair currently on the market. Must be lightweight, fold up compactly, have mud feet and adjustable legs. I dont want one of those huge affairs used by Carp fisherman. It is primarily to keep my arse off the floor when ledgering for Barbel and I usually only stop in one peg for about an hour before packing up my gear and moving on. Therefore must pack up quickly and be easy to carry.

Thanks.

Its not a well kept secret but the Korum range of chairs are great. They do a lightweight version that has everything you need.

There have been some threads about this previosuly so have a search and see what else you can find for info as there are quite a few chairs on the market, but Korum come with my recomendation :)

Edited by Simon Fell

i use a stool with a back suport & cooler bag under it mostly ,i do have a korum origanal chair but only take that if its a long stay (weekend fishing trip) i did how ever recently while visiting the dragoncarp shop too specifically too get their tackle box system for £10 (X2) i left the shop with the two tackle box systems plus a small tackle box and a low chair

my stool

DSC00257.jpg

its light enough and i can carry tackle in the bag undernieth ,but not as comfortable as a chair ,which isn't a problem if i'm moving swims all day ,but if i'm too stay a while i now have this chair

DSCF2349.jpg

and it only cost a tenner ,my only criticism is there nothing too hold it closed when folded (i'm going too stick a velcro strap too it) no real problem can't expect perfection for a tenner .

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/C...Lite-Chair.html

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I still use one of these particularly for roving and legering for Barbel. Sorry no mud feet or adjustable legs, but definitely very lightweight.

I use the Dragoncarp chair too it's light and easily adjustable like Chavender said just needs something to keep closed when being carried but I tend to use a trolley anyway to shift my tackle so not a problem for me

Regards

Gray

do you CPR ?

Those look ideal ajay, I have one very similar.

No one thought of using a shooting stick ? They're quit comfy for short spells if roving about a bit. Doesn't matter what the bank's like either.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUALITY-BLACK-SHOOTI...=item3f04b526a3

I though I would be drummed out of Anglers Net if I suggested that and some thick plastic to sit on...I think most anglers look to a backrest these days or is that just the Carp chasers and the older anglers...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God