The RSSG.

trent.barbeler

Hi All,

Briefly, because I am very tired and need sleep; For those unaware of exactly what the River Systems Support Group RSSG is all about, it is a group who is hoping to place RSSG members on every river system including drains and the Broads System to support local fishing clubs and their local anglers whilst working for the protection and preservation of the river systems environment and wildlife habitats. Also, amongst many things to be explained in a draft tomorrow, the RSSG intend on setting up a series of national fish-ins and fishing workshops for kids to encourage and educate our local kids as to the joys of going fishing. AND; If we can get the funding, we are hoping to eventually send out a angling roadshow to visit schools up and down the country.

Of course, in order to pull this off even with RSSG individual membership, the RSSG will be talking to anglings governing bodies as well for their ideas and support. Such as the SAA, the NFA, the NAA and so on.

The RSSG is not about us and them, or them and us. It is about all of us working together for a brighter future for river systems angling. Hell! For all angling.

More from me tomorrow guys.

Regards,

Lee Fletcher RSSG secretary.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep well Lee, it will seem better in the morning,

Den (No 12)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Dennis,

You were infact one of the first. For that, I thank you Dennis.

I am genuinely moved by Eltons rapid response to come to our aid. This clearly shows what this guy is made of.

To everyone else, angling politicians, ordinary anglers, whoever. Now is surely the time to reach out, join hands and grasp this opportunity. Ordinary river systems anglers now have the chance to make a difference in their own back yards. In the places that they really care about.

Regards,

Lee.

Lee,

I try to use this site to the best advantage of people supporting angling. Despite those who knock the "do'ers", I get satisfaction out of knowing that this humble site contributes to the enjoyment and benefit of others. That's why it has always offered free pages to angling clubs, etc.

You'll find that the editors of the commercial sites will feel the same. People tend to forget they're anglers, too. Rally around and you may be surprised at the support you get from the internet community :)

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What the hell!! Where do we send £3 to????? Anyone for anymore???

If It's good enough for the "names" who are in this post It's (TOO?) good for me.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Lee,

Further to my post, let me join Elton in saying dont give up yet,

You see , you must make these things simple, and I'm one of the simpletons!

I do remember receiving an e-mail, with a form that I downloaded to print off and return, when I had time!

Can't even find the damn download now!

My £3.00 will be on the way, when I get home Friday, but please make it SIMPLE.

Credit card would be magic! Sorry again Pal,

Geoff, regarding RSSG, Trogg, made an impassioned Post on Mds, so read that again if you forgot it.

THe guys are fighting syndication and it's only 'other business'!!! ie idleness that made me not respond.

Once again, repeat the damn form please, or make it even easier.

Thanks

Zip

I live around 70miles from my nearest coarse fishing river, I have never fished a river and I cant see that changing for a good few years.

But I can see how the idea of RSSG would work, this post was the first I had ever heard mention of it.

Paying £3 to help, count me in.

As soon as you get it all set up let me know, either by email or a post on here.

Scott.

PS when you sort out a logo and webpage I will add it to my website.

www.thefishingdirectory.co.uk

Guys

Lee is probably hard at work at the moment so I hope he won't mind me posting this for your information.

The three main Aims and Objectives agreed by all in attendance were as follows...

·To openly promote and support the continuance of 'Open to All' fishing.

·To actively support all river fishing clubs/societies/associations etc that offer 'Open to All' fishing to their members/season ticket holders or day permit/guest members acting within the structure of the group/campaign.

·To become active within any area that effects the rivers environment.

It is worth supporting so send your cheques for £3.00 to Ian Jobling, Treasurer RSSG. If only I could find his address.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.