Why? what have they got against it????

me

Unfortunatley, theres are a lot of anglers out there who see we carp anglers as being different to what they are. We are all there to do the same thing "catch fish". You are 100% right that the muddy holes you refer to are not really what carp angling is about at all. I fish waters that are a minimum of 2-3 acres, not that I won't fish smaller waters , just that the waters that are on my syndicate ticket and my club season ticket are bigger than the muddy holes that you mention.

The cwt of bait that you say about is about right for some of the people, but what do they get from it?, perhaps a fish or 2 in three or four days time when they have lost the fear of the huge bed of bait that has been introduced. But if thats what they choose to do and it doesn't affect my fishing then, why not leave them to do it. It has at times even made it better for me to catch, as the fish have come to the quieter end of the lake.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

A couple of replies needed here: Terry you are making the point I was making: read the post again.... As for my perception of carp fishermen being ridiculous, perhaps it is. Perhaps those blokes bivvied up at the lakeside, who I chat to when I arrive early in the morning aren't carp fishermen at all, but just think they are. Yes, I was told by one angler, last summer, that over the course of a week he had introduced a hundredweight of a particular type of boilie into one swim. I asked him why, and he said that it was so that the carp would become 'used to eating that particular type'. At the end of my first posting, I did say that I hoped that real carp anglers wouldn't be happy taking fish from overstocked ponds.... and so it seems some of you aren't.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

my onlyproble wth carp fishing is that there is an attitude that carp are best and thatother species dont matter. unfortunately it manifests itself in the fact that everyone and their uncle now stocks their lakes with carp. this causes problems for other specie of fish. tench, crucians and rudd all dont far well in heavily carp stocked lakes. is it any coincidence that the levels of rudd and true crucians in his country have declined since the popularity of carp has soared

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

hi chaps i have to agree with chester. tribalism is in all walks of life even fishing .there are carp fisherman and silver fishermen in our club who would not give each other the time of day always moaning about something or other .what they should do is communicate i find if you swap ideas with each other you learn hell of a lot and usually end up catching more fish ....rob

when you think you know everything think again....

mark your right every fish must have a chance and there seem to be less Crucian Carp and Rudd around. Which is a shame because Rudd are smart fish with their red fins. :)

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

what about perch their smart are you being fishist :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson