Rex Hunt Bashing.

Ken L

Knocking the Bearded Burbler seems to have become a bit of a trend on this forum but at the end of the day, he strongly suports catch and release, he has brought angling to a global ordience and I happen to know that "spearing" fish back into the water (chucking em back headfist) was recomended by the NT fisheries board as the best release method to ensure the survival of tropical sport fish.

Ok, so he could use a disgorger and I have my doubts about a #5/0 hook disolving in a couple of days, but can any of our home grown angling stars match this ?

http://www.futurefish.com.au

[ 21 May 2002, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

In Glasgow...Rex Hunt has become a polite way of describing womens flowery parts...IE:SHUT YER FACE YA DAFTY OR YE'LL GET A BOOT IN THE REX HUNT!"

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Mmmmm, I do watch the programs, sometimes I enjoy them, sometimes he's careful with fish, sometimes they go back end over end having had the hook wrenched out with pliers.

He has raised anglings profile, particularly in Oz, and encouraged some to take it up as a sport, this is good.

He has demonstrated some bad ways of handling fish, that was not so good, and I hope future series which he makes rectify this, I would note, however, that most of the editions are a few years old and fish care has moved on a great deal even in five or six years.

For me I think that on balance he has a positive effect on angling.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

One thing that gets me is that at a time when TV seems to be about 90% cookery programs, a chunk of this angling program is taken up with how to cook fish! Drop the cookery I say and show us another 10 minutes of fishing.

[ 21 May 2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Waterman ]

Who!s This rex Hunt then never seen him

dont have Sky or Cable,I suppose he must be on one or the other,But most of the comments I have

heard about him are not very nice but I will reserve my judgement till I have seen him

david

I reckon he's an idiot....he does nothing for fishing and I dont even believe he is a fisherman.He always has someone else there to ask what to do and his tactics are like that of a 7 years old.Watch Matt Heyes...at least he looks like hes fishing and not thinking more about "His Dinner".Id say....ban rex hunt

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I quite like old Rexy. If he doesn't know the answer then he asks, nowt wrong with that! Okay, so he comes over as a tad crude at times! But he's entertaining and we see fishing like most of us never attempt. He came to the UK a few years back & interviewed John Wilson. He appeared to accept our angling ways very positively. Some of his programmes are old, as are some of John Wilsons and Matt Heyes. Some of the things both JW and MH get up to in some of their older episodes makes me cringe. On balance though, angling gets excellent coverage on Sky, their more recent productions have been excellent, although how we'll view the inevitable re-runs in five years is anyone's guess! Rex gets my vote!

A lot of people here in OZ don't have too much time for Rex either. He's definitely helping to promote catch and release though and has the guts to stand up to the professional netters and trawl operators who stuff things for everyone. I personally don't care too much about him one way or another as I've heard all kinds of stories. As long as he continues to raise the profile of catch and release, I really don't care either.

Rex Hunt, IMHO, is a pretentious a--- h--e with illusions of grandeur and gentility and a yob to boot. Then again I don't expect anything different from a footie presenter!

DCB