Quick intro and repair question.

Slyder

I know how looking after certain items of tackle are important to the individual. My favourite reel is my Mitchell Match that I bought over 20 years ago. But a landing net pole is probably a bit more expendable! :)

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Ferret. This forum is indeed a good place, or so it seems! I imagine it gets even livelier 'in season'. BTW big envy here towards you for having your own stretch of river. Won't be a customer myself tho', don't go North of Watford too much, cobbled roads play havoc with my suspension !! *ducks flying objects* :P

Gary

Slyder.

don't go North of Watford too much, cobbled roads play havoc with my suspension !!

Ok you are from the South did not take you long to get that one in.

Super Glue is just fine the waterproof version.

Also Chesters1 spittal is a fine glue ask him for a sample.

As for North v South we will leave that well alone the North won last time and the Yanks try to get involved then the Civil war starts with Newt and the Boys.

:D:D

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Dragonbat, there's no malice in my north/south comment. It is, in fact, a cunning plan to get my fellow southerners tied up on their PCs arguing while I nab the best swims come the 16th !! :D

Gary

Chris Plumb:

ps - See you're from my 'part of the woods' where do you fish??

Sorry Chris, only just noticed your edit. I've just joined the RDAA again. I think it's been at least 5 years since I was on their waters. I have to take a drive round to get my bearings again!

I have to check out the 'new' waters since my last permit. Pingewood Lagoon sounds good in theory, Theale pit is like inland sea fishing but that size of water could hold anything I suppose. I would like a bash at Hambridge and Wylies, but I remember trying to find them some years ago. Drove round for 45 minutes, got the raving hump and went to Farnham instead !!

I expect I'll get drawn back to Upper Benyons at some point but should really try and explore more of the Kennet, maybe the slower stretches.

That's about it really, unless you can give me a good lead on tench or barbel spots

Slyder

Gary

Hi Slyder,

Welcome to the ward,(as in mental)

everything will be fine if you take

your medicine and dont upset the matron

(Elton) nice to see another Angler

coming back to the banks

after a long break

watch out for the Sheep away days

:D:D:D

david

Slyder - welcome to you.

Interesting handle. How'd you happen to pick it?

And here is hoping you have sparked another North/South thing. The last several were loads of fun.

In addition to chesters1, watch the fella called phonebush. Yank and sometimes I wonder about him.

He posts things that seem to make sense, sorta. And since some of them do, you are really left wondering about some of the others.

[ 24 May 2002, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President