F****n Ducks

SAMTENCH

What is this duck thing?

Walt Disney must be turning in his grave.

All of his cartoon ducks were heroes who had Kevlar vests for protection against thoughtless, uncaring anglers with murder in mind.

Then again, he must have been some kind of sad bugger to make ducks lovable to the great unwashed!

Best way to avoid the duckies is to never fish in water less than 20feet deep.

God! I hate being profound!!!

DCB

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put out sinking bread were you know almost everybody feed's the duck's you can hook up to a nice 2lb crucian or a 19lb mirror or a bream. The reason fish stay by those sort of areas are the loose bit's of bread that the duck's don't have or if the duck feeder's :D:P:D squeeze it to hard it sink's.

[ 09. August 2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Bream Boy ]

As a relative angling rookie can anyone tell me why there always seems to be one suicidal cygnet or duckling in a 'brood' (is that the correct word?) which seems hell bent on snagging itself on my rig, all the rest take a detour when they see your line in the water and I do my best to avoid them. :confused:

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Two stories about Ducks:

1) When me and my friend were fishing a good pike water by boat, we saw this female mallard suddenly just dive in a strange way. My mate cast a lure over in the direction in case it was after fry (sounds daft I know) and hooked something. After a lively 10 minute scarp on 15lb line-he reeled in a 35lb pike, I lifted it out the water a got the jaws open, and it started spitting feathers at me! This pike had taken a fully grown mallard and still gone after another lure!

2) When pike fishing on a different water, a grebe took my live bait. The fight that followed was interesting to say the least!!!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts