Specimen reel options but not big pit!

bluben79

It is a pity that the original 3500 tritons have such a poor line lay which limits distance as to me the clutch is far superior to my 5000 and 6000 GTEs which are also very good for a rear clutch reel.. The build quality on the originals in my opinion has not been surpassed plus they are lighter and more compact than the 5000GTEs. A few of my mates who have the Epix Pros and Maver Tica Sporteras rate the reels very highly.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have always had the Mitchell 300 I never known a better reel. Never stopped me catching some great specimans

God :rolleyes: I just don't get old stick in the mud ,die hard traditionalists like you benacre! You need to leave the past behind and take advantage of all the great reel technology and trade up to a proper specimen reel...............................................................like the 300S! Jeeze the drag nearly works on this beauty!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I've got a pair of Korum KXi 60 reels under the tree. I had a play in the tackle shop. Nice drag, seem robust. I'll do a little review in the new year. Budgie in answer to your post earlier in the thread regarding rear drag Shimano's I've owned 6010 aero and GTE models. The drags were fine for a season then became sticky. A friend of mine has the XTEAs and now suffers from a similar problem. Don't get me wrong front drag shimanos are very good I've owned Navi Pit reels and used a stradic front drag and they were excellent but the raer drags jsut don't do it for me. I generally use Daiwa front drags in smaller sizes.