stretches of the kennet

viney

A post by Rusty in another topic has given me the idea to fish as much of the kennet as possible throughout the next year, i will be renewing my Naa membership and also joining thatcham for their stretches.

What other clubs stretches are available on ticket exchanges from both clubs? The thatcham website is no longer running? and i cant find any information in my newbury book.

Also are there any dayticket stretches other than barton court and padworth mill?

Im looking forward to exploring as much of the river as i can and hopefully improving my watercraft and skill as an angler in the process!

Thanks in advance, matt

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A post by Rusty in another topic has given me the idea to fish as much of the kennet as possible throughout the next year, i will be renewing my Naa membership and also joining thatcham for their stretches.

What other clubs stretches are available on ticket exchanges from both clubs? The thatcham website is no longer running? and i cant find any information in my newbury book.

Also are there any dayticket stretches other than barton court and padworth mill?

Im looking forward to exploring as much of the river as i can and hopefully improving my watercraft and skill as an angler in the process!

Thanks in advance, matt

Matt there is a day ticket bit at Sulhamstead via CALPAC see there website and they have the bit below Padworth opposite the TAA stretch ,RDAA have shed loads of the lower Kennet but most only available to night fish if you get there speci permit .

There is another bit that i always see a few fish that is supposedly free behind the Row barge pub at Woolhampton but not sure if this is still the case ,Plenty fishing it this summer though .

Wasing has a shed load of water but it`s a bit pricey :o Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thanks in advance, matt

CSAS and some of Wasing is on an NAA exchange. RDAA have miles of bank - downstream of Aldermaston all the way into Reading including the famous Benyons (Upper & Lower) beats. You can get an RDAA ticket through your Thatcham book. Only DT waters are Barton Court, Aldermaston Mill (not Padworth which is the next weir downstream) and CALPAC's stretch at Sulhamstead. Other clubs with beats on the Kennet include Feltham Piscatorials, British Airways, Red Spinners in addition to Wasing, CSAS & CALPAC. Theres a very short free section at Theale and some of the Holybrook is also free. All the river upstream of Newbury is controlled by large 'game estates' - not easy to get on unless you befriend a keeper or two !!! ;)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

CSAS and some of Wasing is on an NAA exchange. RDAA have miles of bank - downstream of Aldermaston all the way into Reading including the famous Benyons (Upper & Lower) beats. You can get an RDAA ticket through your Thatcham book. Only DT waters are Barton Court, Aldermaston Mill (not Padworth which is the next weir downstream) and CALPAC's stretch at Sulhamstead. Other clubs with beats on the Kennet include Feltham Piscatorials, British Airways, Red Spinners in addition to Wasing, CSAS & CALPAC. Theres a very short free section at Theale and some of the Holybrook is also free. All the river upstream of Newbury is controlled by large 'game estates' - not easy to get on unless you befriend a keeper or two !!! ;)

C.

Forgot abot the bit at Theale ...last time i looked it resmbled a rubbish dump with bottles and tins aplenty sadly ,is the British Airways bit just downstream of the Rowbarge on the North bank Chris?? .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I don't think TAA has any exchange arrangements so you're limited to the book. NAA has access to the CSAS bit downstream of Hambridge until it joins the canal and also a Wasings Estate section just upstream of Aldermaston to the first roadbridge. I walked the Wasing bit on Sunday and it looks worth a try, a fair number of fallen trees and some good looking deep outside bend glides. If Steve's rod and new reel arrive we're planning a trotting session there this weekend, come along if you're free. I think that's it as far as exchange access goes.

As regards freebies you know about Northcroft but there's also a very short section (100 yards) behind the Rowbarge Inn garden at Woolhampton. I think this is also free but best to check with the pub, they serve nice beer and decent food so checking might take a while.

That's all that I can think of, you'd need more club books to coarse fish any further down than Padworth and upstream of Speen Moors you're into megabucks game syndicate territory (apart from Barton Court).

If I'm wrong I'd love to know, I too am keen to fish as much of the Kennet as I can.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Forgot abot the bit at Theale ...last time i looked it resmbled a rubbish dump with bottles and tins aplenty sadly ,is the British Airways bit just downstream of the Rowbarge on the North bank Chris?? .

Yes. 1st bit as far as the Pillbox is a syndicate which I use to belong to - but we were guzumped a couple of years ago (Someone went over our heads to the landlords offering ridiculous money for the rights. :angry: ) Thereafter its BA down to Aldermaston Mill - nice stretch - along with the usual suspects it threw up some very big river carp.... (we used to have an exchange deal with BA...)

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog