Sodding dog owners

Rykko

I am also a dog owner, i only let my dogs swim, or even take them off the lead when there are no fishermen about,

Again on a lighter note, my dad had quite the opposite experiance to you chip, a few yaers ago we were spinning on the ancholme, we were gradually making our way up the bank when my dad hit into a good pike, estimated double, which immediately made a hell of a commotion on the surface, now my dogs will chase absolutely anything, including pike, dog number one jumps into the river on top of my dads line and pulls the lure out the pikes mouth, my dad was absolutley gutted!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont reckon that would work with one of my dogs, he found a dead roch in the ancholme once, and he proceded to eat the bloody thing despite me telling him to leave it, he never puked either!

:rolleyes: Not if the dog has any class, Peter.

My Hungarian vizsla (Doddie) is far too sophisticated to fall for that trick. Try it and - at my command of "Food out" - he'll dump big style right next to you.

This thread is most odd because dogs - like blokes - are mostly up for a good time. They are all F dominated - Food, Fishing, and Forn...... The fourth F ('Fetch') is inbuilt, and the one drawback of my dog is that he will dive in to retrieve any bait I cast, or freebies I put into the swim. "It's OK, dad - I'll get it for you". Grrrrr...

Now take cats. There's an animal that deserves to be hated. Make good pike baits, though, and the EA haven't got a (cat in) hell's chance of banning 'em as bait. Tabbies cast best; persians seem to sort out the biggies; ginger toms will last all day if used correctly. :P

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Now then, cats are the perfect anglers companion. Quite happy to sit in a bivvy over the weekend, deadbait gatherers par excellence, keep ducks away, only partake of the occasional fishmeal boilie, keep feet warm, don't retrieve or chase things and can quite happily hold their own against anything from dogs to swans. Coupled with the fact that they will slink off away from the bivvy for a cr*p and bury the evidence themselves I can't think of anything I'd rather have with me on a fishing trip.

CATS RULE!

Bruno

Doddie might know the food drop command, but from what i remember he doesn't understand the "drop the nice burglars arm" command :D

Cats

Now theres an excellent bait anyone who reads the stuff written by some fella called Izaak Walton will know that.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Al

Don't tell anyone else, but a blast frozen kitten casts like a rocket at long as you cut off its ears with a pairs of scissors. That young fur really takes a treble, and cast-offs never occur.

A live kitty is best mounted on a balsa raft using elastic bands (break-away attachment), with its legs protruding through the raft and into the water. Use stick-on artificial finger nails on its claws (the purple Bitches-R-Us ones are cut price in Woolies right now) and it will paddle out rapidly if you stand behing it, going 'woof, woof'. You can even wire up a small bar spinner to its tail, to increase the attraction to hungry Mrs (big mumma)Esox.

They're so versatile for other species. A small, liquidised Manx to 5lb of method mix will have the pasties crawling up your pole. If you like that sort of thing, that is.

But first you have to obtain your bait. Take my advice and get 'em free! I usually go for the small ads. section of the local paper - they've always got "kittens, free to good home" in there.

Whatever you do, don't tell anyone else. This one is for your eyes only - right?

[ 10. August 2002, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Bruno Broughton:

But first you have to obtain your bait. Take my advice and get 'em free! I usually go for the small ads. section of the local paper - they've always got "kittens, free to good home" in there.

The poor dears never define 'good', though, do they? They're certainly good for something...

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

DerwentBob:

Coupled with the fact that they will slink off away from the bivvy for a cr*p and bury the evidence themselves I can't think of anything I'd rather have with me on a fishing trip.

CATS RULE!

No! No! No! not for me thanx, I saw a cat dig a hole do it's bizz and then bury it again, first time for me. Had to move in the end though. I couldn't put up with the noise from the JCB it was using.

:D